Acceptance for Fall 2019 and Regarding Funding

Anita Dhara

Hello,

I have received offer letter from CSU for graduate program but I haven't received any funding for the same. So, I am kind of confused weather I am  gonna get scholarship for PhD program or not? Kindly revert me with suggestion.

2 hours ago, Aniee said:

Hello,

I have received offer letter from CSU for graduate program but I haven't received any funding for the same. So, I am kind of confused weather I am  gonna get scholarship for PhD program or not? Kindly revert me with suggestion.

Most PhD programs are funded.  But, the person you should be asking is the department.  Send them an email with a question regarding funding. 

I have asked the department regarding the same but department director told me that he will come back to me till mid of march or end of march. But I haven't received any comment from his side and now am worried about it.

On 3/13/2019 at 5:48 AM, Anita Dhara said:

Hello,

Does the program website not give any details about funding? I’m in English and I feel all my programs mentioned funding somewhere online.

Congrats on your acceptance!

Thank you Kendall.

Actually I have gone through the website regarding the same but there it was like with scholarship and without scholarship. So, I don't know whether I am gonna get or not. Lets hope for the best!

Some schools seem to put the onus on you to find funding - aka it's your responsibility to find professors who have available grad student research positions or a training grant you can be on. If I were you, I'd reach out to any POIs to see if they might have funding for you or could put you in touch with someone who does. The admissions coordinator might also be able to point you in the right direction. It doesn't hurt to reach out, and everyone I've reached out to has been helpful! My sense is professors really expect to hear from admitted students seeking funding, so I think you have an opportunity to make yourself known. 

Congrats on your acceptance! 

To which program did you apply? I was accepted at the Computer Sciences and I received funding information with my acceptance letter