RESULTS!

jschool2019

Hi! Have people heard back yet? I am waiting to hear back from NYU, Columbia, and CUNY...Ugh. Nervous but hopeful!!!

It seems like Columbia released M.A. and Data Science, and that it will reveal M.S. decisions tomorrow...no clue on CUNY/NYU. Anyone know ab the other two? 

Got my decision, I'm in! Thrilled to be accepted into this and SIPA so looks like I'll be doing the dual-degree program (if anyone who has done the dual-degree is reading this I'd love to ask If you some questions). 

1 hour ago, jschool2019 said:

I'm also in!!!! Congrats!! I have no idea where I'm going, CUNY and NYU also said yes...

Any reason besides money you'd choose CUNY or NYU? Those other programs are 2 years aren't they?

I just got a full ride to Columbia!!! OMG...so this is gonna be SUCH a hard choice. I feel better at CUNY(whcih offered me a 20k scholarship) in terms of gut feeling, but Columbia is hard to turn down. I also really like NYU's program and feel. 

I don't know much about those since I only applied to Columbia and it's dual-degree offering. But as far as I know it's a shorter program (1 year vs. 2 years) and far and away has the most cache/prestige. So if you got a full ride to what would seem like the already best choice then I would think it's a clear decision! So I'm curious what makes you feel better at CUNY and what you prefer about NYU's program? Not trying to say you should do Columbia over those by any means just wonder what you like about them since clearly they have you interested. 

CUNY has a very comparable program to Columbia. It's arguably just as good, as is the quality of the students...the education is great, and the career outcomes are similar. I'm thinking more in terms of fit and terms of comfort. For now, there seems to be more pros towards CUNY personally. But Columbia is so hard to turn down. 

Accepted by both CUNY and Columbia...deciding is proving to be a real nightmare.

Any tips on how to make my decision? No aid at Columbia, so CUNY seems much more viable considering I won't be making much right outta school.

But ugh...HOW do you refuse an Ivy League?

I have only visited Columbia's campus, and obviously its tempting..but again, the dilemma is real!

Edited by jschool20

Columbia is my alma mater, and I know a faculty member at their J School as well. They told me straight up that if it is between Columbia without aid or CUNY, they would pick CUNY. He spoke very highly about their facilities as well. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/25/2019 at 8:20 AM, SavageHenri said:

Columbia is my alma mater, and I know a faculty member at their J School as well. They told me straight up that if it is between Columbia without aid or CUNY, they would pick CUNY. He spoke very highly about their facilities as well. 

What about between CUNY without aid and Columbia with enough aid to make it slightly cheaper option than CUNY.