OGS - Any word?

euges116

I don't know about Comp Sci folks hearing back, but I know others from my subject area (though not at my school as far as I know) have found out. So I don't think subject area is a factor in when you find out. Now to be fair, they were MSc folks and Im Phd, so maybe that is the difference.

well, this time yesterday people were getting status changes. People found out about being on a reversion list too. This can only most likely mean that we are the rejects if we're still waiting......damn it.

well, this time yesterday people were getting status changes. People found out about being on a reversion list too. This can only most likely mean that we are the rejects if we're still waiting......damn it.

Well, to be sure, yesterday, SOME people have heard, and no one has heard of an official reject. I think it depends on your school/program/year for your results to be updated. Pretty random, I guess. Since no one has received an official reject, there's still hope!

don't worry too much! may be they're updating every other days! we havn't discovered their procedure yet!

don't worry too much! may be they're updating every other days! we havn't discovered their procedure yet!

I'm betting it's a model based on web crawlers that look for references to OGS results. The more posts for a specific program, the less likely results will appear.

Well, to be sure, yesterday, SOME people have heard, and no one has heard of an official reject. I think it depends on your school/program/year for your results to be updated. Pretty random, I guess. Since no one has received an official reject, there's still hope!

I agree. I wouldn't give up hope yet. It doesn't make much sense to only notify the winners, and it's quite possible that people who were unsucessful are less inclined to post here. So, try again tomorrow!

I agree. I wouldn't give up hope yet. It doesn't make much sense to only notify the winners, and it's quite possible that people who were unsucessful are less inclined to post here. So, try again tomorrow!

Got this today from my grad-secretary:

"I'm sending this message to students who have inquired about OGS. I've talked to Lois Bamsey of GPS. She explained that there are probably about 13,000 OGS applications, and that they are being entered into the system according to the review panels. As soon as a result has been entered, the student can see it. She didn't know how long it would take for all of the results to be entered, but if your status remains "unchanged" (I think that's the word!), there is still hope. I guess you will have to just keeping checking. Apparently GPS will not get the list of successful applicants until mid May. Hope this helps!"

So there's that.

Got this today from my grad-secretary:

"I'm sending this message to students who have inquired about OGS. I've talked to Lois Bamsey of GPS. She explained that there are probably about 13,000 OGS applications, and that they are being entered into the system according to the review panels. As soon as a result has been entered, the student can see it. She didn't know how long it would take for all of the results to be entered, but if your status remains "unchanged" (I think that's the word!), there is still hope. I guess you will have to just keeping checking. Apparently GPS will not get the list of successful applicants until mid May. Hope this helps!"

So there's that.

nice work. There may have been some updates last night. None posted here though.

Well, at least we have some idea of what's going on... I got this by email today via my school:

"FGS has just been notified by the new administrator of the OGS Program that official results will

likely be received in mid to late May. After we receive them, there is a manual process in our office to record the results.

The administrator indicated that they will likely be entered by the end of the month. Until the results are completely entered, she is unable to generate our reports, and of course we are unable to share the results with you. The administrator is encouraging us to inform students that they need to wait until they receive their official documentation before making any inquiries. "

I interpret this to mean that the websites will be updated by the end of the month, but that official notifications will not be sent out until May. So, it's probably still worth checking the website every day, since we know OGS has updated SOME peoples' status.

Well, at least we have some idea of what's going on... I got this by email today via my school:

"FGS has just been notified by the new administrator of the OGS Program that official results will

likely be received in mid to late May. After we receive them, there is a manual process in our office to record the results.

The administrator indicated that they will likely be entered by the end of the month. Until the results are completely entered, she is unable to generate our reports, and of course we are unable to share the results with you. The administrator is encouraging us to inform students that they need to wait until they receive their official documentation before making any inquiries. "

I interpret this to mean that the websites will be updated by the end of the month, but that official notifications will not be sent out until May. So, it's probably still worth checking the website every day, since we know OGS has updated SOME peoples' status.

What I don't understand is that we haven't heard of ANY rejections. Only wait-lists and successful applicants. It seems kind of fishy. I should anticipate that the government would be this bad at something. I should be ok with it, but really I'm not.

What I don't understand is that we haven't heard of ANY rejections. Only wait-lists and successful applicants. It seems kind of fishy. I should anticipate that the government would be this bad at something. I should be ok with it, but really I'm not.

I know a few people who have received rejections. People who receive rejections don't generally advertise it on the internet... it seems as though they're just updating the website as they input the results. Nothing fishy. Just slow.