OGS - Any word?

euges116

I honestly think, the "new" person handling OGS completely blew their responsibilities and is very behind on getting information from the panels. I don't think she even realized that she had to do anything to expedite the process of getting the results from the panels. The message still says (on her voicemail) today, "we are entering them as we get them". I think this is an isolated problem corresponding to this year and this person. I'm writing to the Minister to complain. I suggest any with concerns should maybe voice them as well.

http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/tcu/sendthispage.asp

Hi there

Anyone has any idea or any experience, how to transfer OGS to other university in Ontario, I have got OGS and want to move other university in Ontario.

I honestly think, the "new" person handling OGS completely blew their responsibilities and is very behind on getting information from the panels. I don't think she even realized that she had to do anything to expedite the process of getting the results from the panels. ... I think this is an isolated problem corresponding to this year and this person.

Do you have any specific evidence to back this up or just a hunch and internet speculation?

Do you have any specific evidence to back this up or just a hunch and internet speculation?

My complaint would refer to the delay, how they have not informed apicants, how they reported that results would be available after the 14th and they are still not out. Etc. The evidence is self explanatory.

My complaint would refer to the delay, how they have not informed apicants, how they reported that results would be available after the 14th and they are still not out. Etc. The evidence is self explanatory.

I think at this point it would be nice to have something official sent by email or at least posted on their website giving the people who have not heard anything a real update of what is going on and a real time line for getting results.

The problem now is there are a lot of people who know they have gotten it already and the rest of us get to sit here and wait hoping that all the NO's don't come at the end.

Hi everyone,

I am also patiently waiting for a response about OGS. When I applied for OGS in October, I listed my discipline as environmental sciences because the two programs to which I first applied are in environmental sciences, but it may be that my very first choice is actually the masters of journalism to which I applied later and was accepted into... If I get OGS, would I be allowed to use it for the masters of journalism despite the fact that I am in the "environmental sciences" category?

Thank you!

Well, at least they don't like. OGS said "after April 14th", they didn't say ON April 14th. To the best of my knowledge, it is right now after April 14th, in line with what they wrote. I agree with you, the wait shouldn't be this long, but you can't file a lawsuit because they didn't really lie or deceive us.

Well, at least they don't like. OGS said "after April 14th", they didn't say ON April 14th. To the best of my knowledge, it is right now after April 14th, in line with what they wrote. I agree with you, the wait shouldn't be this long, but you can't file a lawsuit because they didn't really lie or deceive us.

They don't "lie", I meant, lol.

In my program (psychology) several of the PhDs found out they were successful on the 14th and several of the MAs found out that they were successful on the 19th. So I am taking it as bad news that it seems many successful candidates have already heard from my program and I have not. Also, no one has posted a rejection on the forum yet....Are people just not posting it when they find out? Or have no rejections been sent out?....because if the second is true, there are a lot of rejections to come

Edited by psyched

In my program (psychology) several of the PhDs found out they were successful on the 14th and several of the MAs found out that they were successful on the 19th. So I am taking it as bad news that it seems many successful candidates have already heard from my program and I have not. Also, no one has posted a rejection on the forum yet....Are people just not posting it when they find out? Or have no rejections been sent out?....because if the second is true, there are a lot of rejections to come

There have been reports of rejections on this forum. There have also been reports of people being put on the waiting list. You will always hear more from the people who weren't rejected than those who where. Still waiting at this point does not mean a rejection, it just means more waiting.

People posted results on the 14th (after 12:20am) and then on the 20th and on the 21st during the day. The phone message says they are entering the result as they come in. What I don't understand is how sometimes 2 out of 4 people are finding out their results in at the same school in the same dept. and the other 2 have heard nothing?

There have been reports of rejections on this forum. There have also been reports of people being put on the waiting list. You will always hear more from the people who weren't rejected than those who where. Still waiting at this point does not mean a rejection, it just means more waiting.

My apologies, I have read only the last several pages and have not looked back at the older ones. It does make me feel slightly better that rejections have already started coming out, which means they are not all being sent out at once...but the waiting still sucks!

Edited by psyched

People posted results on the 14th (after 12:20am) and then on the 20th and on the 21st during the day. The phone message says they are entering the result as they come in. What I don't understand is how sometimes 2 out of 4 people are finding out their results in at the same school in the same dept. and the other 2 have heard nothing?

...and someone posted that they got a result on the 22nd as well.

What I don't understand is how sometimes 2 out of 4 people are finding out their results in at the same school in the same dept. and the other 2 have heard nothing?

This is what is bothering me so much! It really makes it more difficult when your colleagues all know their results and you are left waiting...

I got this from my FGS today

"FGS has just been notified by the new administrator of the OGS Program that official results will likely be received in mid to late May. After we receive them, there is a manual process in our office to record the results.

The administrator indicated that while some students may see results on their web accounts, not all results have been entered. They will likely be entered by the end of the month. Until the results are completely entered, she is unable to generate our reports, and of course we are unable to share the results with you. The administrator was not aware that students would have access to their results before she had uploaded all of the details, and is encouraging us to inform students that they need to wait until they receive their official documentation before making any inquiries. "

I got this from my FGS today

"FGS has just been notified by the new administrator of the OGS Program that official results will likely be received in mid to late May. After we receive them, there is a manual process in our office to record the results.

The administrator indicated that while some students may see results on their web accounts, not all results have been entered. They will likely be entered by the end of the month. Until the results are completely entered, she is unable to generate our reports, and of course we are unable to share the results with you. The administrator was not aware that students would have access to their results before she had uploaded all of the details, and is encouraging us to inform students that they need to wait until they receive their official documentation before making any inquiries. "

I received the exact same email over a week ago... Results being received in mid to late May refers to the results received by the university. It sounds as though everyone should be able to see their results online by the end of the week.

this is balls

unsuccessful

i remember hearing at myschool if you had an A- average in your last 2 years you would get it

def. had an A average my last 3 years

maybe one of my letter writers hate dme who knows. now to rely on cihr.....pfft like thatll happen.

Edited by cheesethunder