OGS - Any word?

euges116

Hi guys - I am new to this forum...

I found out yesterday that I am #5 on the reversion list by calling OGS, in the "clinical sciences" discipline..

Does being #5 mean I have a good chance of getting it? Does anyone know how many scholarships they give out per discipline? Has anyone been on the reversion list in the past and gotten it?

Thanks!

I wish I could say something more positive - but I asked around my department (History) and found that it's very rare to come off the reversion list (for my discipline anyways). The Graduate Coordinator was telling me about a former student who had an excellent file every year and was #1 on the list two years in a row and never received OGS.

But SSHRC offers are going out soon and some people might chose to head out of province so there is always hope! Depends how many offers they sent out and if they are even going to be giving offers to those on the reversion list. Good luck to all on the list! And please keep us updated on reversion status' :)

congrats to all who got an OGS, good luck to those on the waiting list and i'm sorry to those that were unsuccessful. i'm on the waiting list for international/visa students. there are 60 awards given to us every year, but does anyone know the rate of refusal of international awards? just trying to see what my chances are. thanks and best of luck to all!

Hey! I got my letter last week - reversion list.

May I ask what what discipline you are declining your award in?

Has anyone received a letter from OGS?

I understand you need to notify them of acceptence or decline by signing their form.

I'm going to make someone happy and decline mine.

I got my letter today. I'm also declining mine, so maybe someone here will get it!

Also, the OGS I got was for phd in neuroscience (I think I had to put it under psychology though)

Has anyone received a letter from OGS?

I understand you need to notify them of acceptence or decline by signing their form.

I'm going to make someone happy and decline mine.

Hey! I got my letter last week - reversion list.

May I ask what what discipline you are declining your award in?

I got my letter today. Strange, they still ask you to specify how much SSHRC is awarding you - which is weird, because it's a moot point. I can't hold both, unfortunately.

I am declining in history, sweet. (sorry, couldn't help myself. Metukah means sweet in Hebrew) wink.gif

yup!

me too. what's the deal? i'm not even sure who to contact about it... the webmaster? are you by any chance in the US? i'm wondering if that may be the problem for me because a friend in toronto said she can get on just fine.

me too. what's the deal? i'm not even sure who to contact about it... the webmaster? are you by any chance in the US? i'm wondering if that may be the problem for me because a friend in toronto said she can get on just fine.

not sure what website you are using, but they have recently updated their website, so the link i use is https://osap.gov.on.ca/OSAPPortal/en/Home/index.htm

but there is really no information up anymore..at least for me

Has everyone received their letter by now?

anyone not received them yet?

Last I checked on the website I got a status, but now the online doesnt work anymore after they changed the website and refers to wait for the letter, but I still got no letter and its mid may.

^ yeah the website is down, which particularly sucks for those of us on the reversion list....

I got the letter, maybe around two weeks ago, you really should have received it by now, all the folks in my department have gotten theirs already. Maybe give the OGS lady a call, and also make sure the address associated with ur application is correct.

Has everyone received their letter by now?

anyone not received them yet?

Last I checked on the website I got a status, but now the online doesnt work anymore after they changed the website and refers to wait for the letter, but I still got no letter and its mid may.

I haven't received my letter yet. I live in Alberta, so perhaps it's taking longer en route. I plan to call the OGS lady on Friday if I still haven't received it.

So how are the people on the reversion list being notified if an award becomes available since the website is down?

Two things:

1) Very few people ever get off the reversion list. They over offer OGSes with the assumption that many people will reject them in favour of a SSHRC or will choose schools outside Ontario. A huge number of people will need to decline it before it goes to the reversion list.

2) The deadline for acceptance of OGS is still a bit of a ways away. For some bizarre reason it is done with paper. This will take a long time to process.

All of this is to say that I would be downright shocked if anyone who beats the odds and makes it off the reversion list will hear before early August. Hopefully by then the website is up.

I'm # 10 on the reversion list.... I need a miracle!

How do I find out where I am on the reversion list? Does each discipline have it's own list? I'm feeling kind of discouraged after that post saying that almost no one makes it off the reversion list....

sigh....

How do I find out where I am on the reversion list? Does each discipline have it's own list? I'm feeling kind of discouraged after that post saying that almost no one makes it off the reversion list....

sigh....

Don't feel discouraged.. I was on the reversion list and I received a letter saying I got an OGS. Keep your head up :D

Also, if you want to find out where you are on the reversion list there is a number on your official letter that you can call and the lady will tell you your position.

Don't feel discouraged.. I was on the reversion list and I received a letter saying I got an OGS. Keep your head up :D

Also, if you want to find out where you are on the reversion list there is a number on your official letter that you can call and the lady will tell you your position.

Would you mind sharing where on the reversion you were, and also roughly when did you found out that you got it?

Thanx!

Would you mind sharing where on the reversion you were, and also roughly when did you found out that you got it?

Thanx!

Honestly, I have NO idea where I was on the reversion list. I never called to find out because I wasn't overly hopeful. I assume I must have been somewhere near the top.

I just found out late last week. I got a letter in the mail.

Honestly, I have NO idea where I was on the reversion list. I never called to find out because I wasn't overly hopeful. I assume I must have been somewhere near the top.

I just found out late last week. I got a letter in the mail.

What discipline did you apply to?

Thanks! That does make me feel better! It would be REALLY REALLY nice to know soon...instead of waiting until I have to actually pay tuition...