OGS - Any word?

euges116

this is balls

unsuccessful

i remember hearing at myschool if you had an A- average in your last 2 years you would get it

def. had an A average my last 3 years

maybe one of my letter writers hate dme who knows. now to rely on cihr.....pfft like thatll happen.

Is it possible you misheard? An A- average is the minimum requirement for being able to apply for an OGS.

Me too... Unsuccessful

Apparently, my application was good enough to win SSHRC last year, but not good enough for OGS...:(

Now I have no funding or next year, because I was unable to apply to the tri-council again after having SSHRC this year... debt here I come!

Me too... Unsuccessful

Apparently, my application was good enough to win SSHRC last year, but not good enough for OGS...:(

Now I have no funding or next year, because I was unable to apply to the tri-council again after having SSHRC this year... debt here I come!

So sorry to hear that!!! you would think it should be the other around!!!

Also unsuccessful.

If I remember correctly, I think I've read somewhere that OGS focuses more on your grades (more "quantitative" criteria), whereas in SSHRC (or I guess also in CIHR or NSERC), they focus more on your research potential (more "qualitative" criteria). I have quite a few As, just one B+ which dragged it down a bit, but I've published, and many A+ conferences. But anyways, we'll see. Here's hoping for SSHRC, which is arguably more prestigious and better (since it's for a few years, unlike only 1 year for OGS).

Good luck, everyone!

Bad news here too - found out early this aft.

Don't get how they decide these things. I was first on the reversion list last year. Since my last application I have published three articles, and was quoted in Maclean's with regard to my research project. Yet I didn't even make the reversion list this time around.

As my classmate likes to say, "It's all voodoo"....

Edited by scario_canada

Bad news here too - found out early this aft.

Don't get how they decide these things. I was first on the reversion list last year. Since my last application I have published three articles, and was quoted in Maclean's with regard to my research project. Yet I didn't even make the reversion list this time around.

As my classmate likes to say, "It's all voodoo"....

Sorry to hear about your results this year. Did you end up receiving the award off the reversion list last year? And if so, when did you hear? I'm on the reversion list this year and am curious to hear of people actually getting off the list! Thanks.

EDIT:

Sorry didn't realize you had answered this earlier in the thread! I still can't believe that you can be first on the list and still not receive the award. It's so frustrating!

Edited by cliophile

Has anyone heard about their position on the reversion list yet?

i actually just called -- and, predictably, got the person's voicemail. i imagine they are getting inundated with calls about this. left a message, and am waiting to hear back.

You probably won't hear much until after the SSHRC letters have gone out - I would give it another week or so.

actually, just got a call back with my ranking. so if anyone is curious, give them a call!

actually, just got a call back with my ranking. so if anyone is curious, give them a call!

How long ago did you call/leave a msg? I just called and left one today. Hopefully won't be too long! I feel so bad for that woman lol having to deal with all of us.

Hi Folks - I'm a little unclear if these 'unsuccessful' and 'successful' applicant status updates are for OGS or SSHRC. I think they are for OGS as you can't check SSHRC online but if they are not, or if anyone has a received their SSHRC letter, can you please clarify?

Also, what's the reversion list and how do you know if you are on it?

Thanks!

Hi Folks - I'm a little unclear if these 'unsuccessful' and 'successful' applicant status updates are for OGS or SSHRC. I think they are for OGS as you can't check SSHRC online but if they are not, or if anyone has a received their SSHRC letter, can you please clarify?

Also, what's the reversion list and how do you know if you are on it?

Thanks!

the statuses are for OGS. SSHRC results -- if you have been following the SSHRC 2010 thread -- go out this week. you can't check SSHRC online. the reversion list is the "waiting list" for those who were not granted an OGS in the first round of offers, but who may be awarded one when first-offer applicants turn them down, likely due to accepting SSHRC awards.

re: my ranking. i called yesterday, and got my reply today, via phone.

Hi guys - I am new to this forum...

I found out yesterday that I am #5 on the reversion list by calling OGS, in the "clinical sciences" discipline..

Does being #5 mean I have a good chance of getting it? Does anyone know how many scholarships they give out per discipline? Has anyone been on the reversion list in the past and gotten it?

Thanks!