The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program -- 2019

I am but I am puzzled by what I should do about the mismatch in timings between the programs that I've been extended offers for and the decision of the WB/JJ scholarship. The WB/JJ decisions are, from what I hear, announced in mid-July whilst SIPA and Duke want an answer as to whether I'd be joining their respective programmes by April/May.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I hear they contact finalists every year a few weeks before the announcement of the final scholarship awards. If anyone receives such a call, I'd be grateful if they posted about it here. It would save me the $2,000 that SIPA wants me to deposit before the 30th of June.

They contact me through email asking for any document that would prove the financial aid offered by other sources. This had a deadline of the 10th. 

I applied last year unsuccesfully and they never reached out for anything. Im hoping this request was a good signd, although they specifically said that it meant nothing but a request to finalize the review of my file and not a decision of any kind.

Hope this helps

I also haven't received any response yet. Been checking my e-mail almost every hour since last week. I heard that 3,4 years ago, the e-mail came on 25th June and for last year 2018, the email was received on 28th June. I was kinda relieved today to find this thread that others are in the same situation as me.

One year ago today somebody posted in one of these forums that the status on the WB page had changed to "every winner has been contacted". 

and I just checked the website and it doesnt have any announcement yet, so yeas, fingers crossed!! 

Best of luck to everyone here, its my second year applying and not know anything for the second year in a row would SUCK. 

Congratulations to you.

The wait is actually killing.

Hope you wont mind assisting with info on what school you will be attending, country of origin and in what field of development you work?

Thanks.

Congratulations and best wishes in your studies!!!

Really great to hear that they are notifying successful applicants during this time.

May I also inquire in the case of your last year's application, did they notify you in any way that yours did not go through or they only reach out those whose application is successful?