Multiple Deposits?

zmr1234

Was wondering about putting down multiple deposits at schools. My partner is applying to law schools and is still waiting to hear back from some, and likely will hear back after I will have to commit to a school. Is it ok to put down deposits at multiple schools? Obviously I would lose that deposit if I chose not to attend that school, but wanted to make sure there wasn't some overall institutional policy that prevents me from doing this. Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

My Boston College scholarship came with an agreement that I would not accept an offer from another school after accepting the scholarship, without permission from BC... something like that.  It was actually an agreement that a group of colleges had decided to use, including the agreement that they wouldn't set their deadlines before April 15th.

But I didn't see anything like that with Boston University scholarship.

I can look up the details for the Boston College agreement, if that's helpful.

On 4/7/2019 at 2:25 AM, Anatta said:

My Boston College scholarship came with an agreement that I would not accept an offer from another school after accepting the scholarship, without permission from BC... something like that.  It was actually an agreement that a group of colleges had decided to use, including the agreement that they wouldn't set their deadlines before April 15th.

But I didn't see anything like that with Boston University scholarship.

I can look up the details for the Boston College agreement, if that's helpful.

Thank you! Was that a tuition remission scholarship? I haven't see any stipulations yet from BC with regards to mine.

Also wondering if anyone knows about UChicago--if you accept their offer of admissions, you also are acknowledging that you haven't made a deposit or enrollment commitment at another school. Was wondering if they're flexible on this, or if there's any way for them to tell if I put down multiple? 

BC's is a non-service tuition remission scholarship.  Here's the description of the "April 15 resolution": https://cgsnet.org/april-15-resolution

If you look at the PDF (https://cgsnet.org/ckfinder/userfiles/files/CGSResolution_March2019Rv.pdf), University of Chicago is part of that resolution.  Hmm... Boston University is too, though they wanted a decision by April 1st, and didn't tell me about the resolution... hmm...

I don't know what to say about putting down multiple deposits.  I'm curious if anyone else can suggest something!