Is this okay to wear for Admitted Students Day?

historygeek

Hi, everyone! During the first week of April, I'll be visiting the program that I'll be attending in the fall for their Admitted Students Day. It's for a Masters program in history, and I'll be meeting some of the faculty. I had planned on wearing nicer jeans, a cuter top, a cardigan, and flats. Is this appropriate to wear, or should I wear more business casual clothes? 

FWIW, the visit is from 10 am - 1 pm. 

21 minutes ago, historygeek said:

Hi, everyone! During the first week of April, I'll be visiting the program that I'll be attending in the fall for their Admitted Students Day. It's for a Masters program in history, and I'll be meeting some of the faculty. I had planned on wearing nicer jeans, a cuter top, a cardigan, and flats. Is this appropriate to wear, or should I wear more business casual clothes? 

FWIW, the visit is from 10 am - 1 pm. 

I think that's fine. Have fun at the visit!

To be fair, since you're already accepted, you can wear anything you want and it isn't going to change anything. I think what you were planning on wearing is fine though :)  Usually the only time it's necessary to wear business casual is if 1. they explicitly tell you to or 2. you're interviewing prior to acceptance. At accepted students weekend, I've seen everything from someone wearing ratty sweatpants to a prom tux (yes with vest and all it was ridiculous). Congrats on your acceptance!! 

22 hours ago, crackademik said:

To be fair, since you're already accepted, you can wear anything you want and it isn't going to change anything.

Yep.  Just promise to wear clothes and I'm sure you can wear just about anything.

Hey, slightly off topic, but I might see you there if you're going on 4/6! I was admitted to the MS Psychology program at Villanova. I haven't accepted yet, I have other offers to consider.

I was planning to be a bit more formal with a dress and sweater, but that may change depending on the weather. PA in April is temperamental at best. Bottom line: go with what you're going to be comfortable in, I'm sure it will be fine.