Chances to be admitted on the Waitlist of Boston University

TroyChu

Hi everyone, I'm a senior student from China and I received my decision letter that I'm on the waitlist of Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering at Boston University in Jan.

Do you know are there any chances for me to be admitted? Is there anyone you know who was put on the waitlist and then be admitted? I really hope I could go there!

Thank you!

Only the admissions committee would be able to give you an answer. I would suggest you wait patiently till the resolution day and see happens. Plus, do not get your hopes up. Usually the chances of getting off the waitlist are slim, to be frank. It also depends on your place on the waitlist. There should be counter-offers each year, but only those placed high on the waitlist would be the lucky ones. Just be prepared for the worst.

加油,祝好运。 

• 1 year later...
On 3/31/2019 at 6:35 PM, Chunchu Zhu said:

Hi everyone, I'm a senior student from China and I received my decision letter that I'm on the waitlist of Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering at Boston University in Jan.

Do you know are there any chances for me to be admitted? Is there anyone you know who was put on the waitlist and then be admitted? I really hope I could go there!

Thank you!

I am on the same boat with BU. When did they give you an answer?