Francis Marion Interview

12 hours ago, nguyen16041 said:

When I googled it was around $20,000 and I was planning on applying for residency to get in-state tuition the following year. For me it's reasonable! :D

Did you get in anywhere else? 

Oh maybe I read it wrong then. $20,000 is definitely doable! I was planning on calling them today to confirm just for peace of mind. 

I got in at ENMU. I accepted since I didn’t want the opportunity slip away in the chance that all my waitlisted schools said no. Better safe than sorry ?

How about you? 

I thought the interview was laid back, but I found the questions a bit difficult! It is possible that we all got different questions, I'm not sure. The director told me they hope to let everyone know within two weeks, so that is exciting. I am in state and if I get accepted I will definitely accept! There aren't many schools for SLP in SC and because of family/work things I can't move. Good luck everyone! This whole process is stressful haha

11 hours ago, VS-SLP2B said:

Oh maybe I read it wrong then. $20,000 is definitely doable! I was planning on calling them today to confirm just for peace of mind. 

I got in at ENMU. I accepted since I didn’t want the opportunity slip away in the chance that all my waitlisted schools said no. Better safe than sorry ?

How about you? 

I am on two waitlists and waiting to hear back from two schools, so I have nothing right now. LOL so sad I know.

If I do get off the waitlist I am unsure what I will do tbh. I googled rent/living expenses in SC and it is more reasonable and affordable. There was apartments for $600-700 right by FMU, I am so tempted by that because I have been commuting - back and forth- for for 3/4 days a week for two years.. So I would love to experience the luxury of living close by campus, esp. with classes/clinic. 

Once I hear back from the schools I guess I would have to weigh everything out, I'll keep you all updated though! :)

Edited by nguyen16041
grammar

8 hours ago, kcb said:

I thought the interview was laid back, but I found the questions a bit difficult! It is possible that we all got different questions, I'm not sure. The director told me they hope to let everyone know within two weeks, so that is exciting. I am in state and if I get accepted I will definitely accept! There aren't many schools for SLP in SC and because of family/work things I can't move. Good luck everyone! This whole process is stressful haha

I have heard that there aren't many SLP programs in SC, so it would def make sense that you accept! :)

I'm sure they switched up the questions for each candidate. Don't stress anymore! I'm sure you did great on your interview and we will all be getting answers soon! :3

1 hour ago, nguyen16041 said:

There was apartments for $600-700 right by FMU, I am so tempted by that because I have been commuting - back and forth- for for 3/4 days a week for two years.. So I would love to experience the luxury of living close by campus, esp. with classes/clinic. 

Right by FMU downtown campus (Carter Center - Where most SLP classes will likely be)? Or the main campus? I have heard nothing but terrible things about the apartments near the main campus (theft, never fix anything, etc.), but I've heard the ones by the Carter Center are really nice! Just wanted to give you a heads up!

And thanks, I am trying not to stress :)

1 hour ago, nguyen16041 said:

I am on two waitlists and waiting to hear back from two schools, so I have nothing right now. LOL so sad I know.

If I do get off the waitlist I am unsure what I will do tbh. I googled rent/living expenses in SC and it is more reasonable and affordable. There was apartments for $600-700 right by FMU, I am so tempted by that because I have been commuting - back and forth- for for 3/4 days a week for two years.. So I would love to experience the luxury of living close by campus, esp. with classes/clinic. 

Once I hear back from the schools I guess I would have to weigh everything out, I'll keep you all updated though! :)

I hope everything works out for you! Definitely keep us updated! ?

I didn’t get a chance to call today about their tuition so hopefully I’ll get the chance tomorrow. 

I saw those apartments. It would definitely be a great perk to be right by the University!

2 minutes ago, VS-SLP2B said:

I didn’t get a chance to call today about their tuition so hopefully I’ll get the chance tomorrow. 

Their tuition is around 20,000 for out-of-state. I called a while back to ask about it! The two summer semesters are billed as one semester too, so that helps! I understand if you want to call and ask too, because it was Fall of 2018 when I asked, but I don't think they have changed it :) https://www.fmarion.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/2018-19-Fall-Fee-Promulgation-Web-1.pdf

1 hour ago, kcb said:

Their tuition is around 20,000 for out-of-state. I called a while back to ask about it! The two summer semesters are billed as one semester too, so that helps! I understand if you want to call and ask too, because it was Fall of 2018 when I asked, but I don't think they have changed it :) https://www.fmarion.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/2018-19-Fall-Fee-Promulgation-Web-1.pdf

My concern with the tuition is I’ve been reading it as per semester. The example they show at the bottom left on the first page has me reading it as it being 20,000 for fall semester and then another 20,000 for spring semester which would be too much for me. Hopefully it is just me reading too much into and I can call them soon to clarify. 

Thank you though! 

Hey everyone! I had my interview yesterday, it was definitely laid back, even though I was extremely nervous. I started to get less nervous towards the end of the interview. I'm hoping my nerves didn't sabotage the interview. 

I was told that interviews end this week and we would hear decisions back from them next week. Also mentioned was students that are waitlisted can be accepted throughout the summer. Hope this helps!

23 hours ago, JordanBroz said:

I was told that interviews end this week and we would hear decisions back from them next week. Also mentioned was students that are waitlisted can be accepted throughout the summer. Hope this helps!

Hey, thanks for the update! They told me they would let everyone know by May 10th. I hope it is this coming week though! 

Hello guys, I took my interview last week! It was definitely laid back. 2 scenario questions, and that's it! I asked how many applicants received interviews and the response was 75. With only 25 spots, 75 seems like a lot. I wish everyone the best of luck! By May 10th, everyone should know. 

1 hour ago, kcb said:

@jordancannon30 Yeah they must have. Heres hoping we are one of the 25! Did they say anything about a waitlist? 

No, I didn't ask about the waitlist but I assume there will be one. I was told that the top 25 will know soon and I'm guessing waitlisted people will be informed! 

8 hours ago, jordancannon30 said:

Hello guys, I took my interview last week! It was definitely laid back. 2 scenario questions, and that's it! I asked how many applicants received interviews and the response was 75. With only 25 spots, 75 seems like a lot. I wish everyone the best of luck! By May 10th, everyone should know. 

Thanks for the update. Omg they have received so many more since last year.. Keeping my fingers crossed! 

I really hope they let us know soon, May 10th seems soooo far away. Best of luck everyone!!! :)

Thanks for the update, that is a lot of applicants. Good luck everyone!

I was told that we would be informed of the decisions through CSDCAS, does anybody know if we will receive an email? Where on CSDCAS do we check? If anyone can help, that would be awesome. Thanks! ?

@JordanBroz Good luck too! Did the people at FMU tell you that? I didn't think CSDCAS shows if we are accepted or not, but I'm not sure! The director told me I would receive a letter by May 10th, but I really think she meant an email. I don't know many schools that send out actual letters anymore. 

Thank you!! ☺️

Yes, my interviewer mentioned CSDCAS but I didn't think to ask where on CSDCAS would we find the decision. However, I am thinking that we'll probably receive an email like we did for the interview, not 100% sure though. I checked CSDCAS and I don't see where they can/will let us know. If anyone has info on this, please let us know!! Thanks.

Hey guys! just received this email:

Thank you for your interest in the Speech-Language Pathology Program at Francis Marion University. Please check your email for information regarding your application status. You should receive an application status notification by Thursday, May 2, 2019 no later than 5pm EST. Please be sure to check your spam folder.

33 minutes ago, kcb said:

Thank you for your interest in the Speech-Language Pathology Program at Francis Marion University. Please check your email for information regarding your application status. You should receive an application status notification by Thursday, May 2, 2019 no later than 5pm EST. Please be sure to check your spam folder.

I didn’t receive this email (yet, hopefully) so thanks so much for the update! 

46 minutes ago, kcb said:

I received this too, omg when I saw it I thought it was a rejection because it started with "thank you for your interest...." ?

Hang in there guys, we should be hearing soon!!!!! ???

Just now, kcb said:

@nguyen16041Omg same!! They shouldn't do our nerves like that! haha

PREACH lol. I feel like I am soooo nervous because of this cycle. You have no idea how many times I have seen that phrase ???

At least I know tomorrow something will come ??

Let's keep our hopes up until then. ????