benmaterials

Hi!  I just committed to a PhD program in materials science at Northwestern.  Are there any other students who will be attending Northwestern in the fall (in any field)?  I currently live in Phoenix and will be moving there in August.  I'd also be interested in getting to know other students moving to the Chicago area.

Hey everyone, thanks for starting this thread @benmaterials! I just committed to the MS in Analytics program, and have started looking around for housing in the downtown Evanston area (off-campus). The only thing I wonder is how soon one should start the process.

I haven't seen a forum for admitted students thus far, so I think it would be great to start a facebook group for admitted grad students to connect, find housing, etc. 

1 hour ago, thrasher88 said:

Hey everyone, thanks for starting this thread @benmaterials! I just committed to the MS in Analytics program, and have started looking around for housing in the downtown Evanston area (off-campus). The only thing I wonder is how soon one should start the process.

I haven't seen a forum for admitted students thus far, so I think it would be great to start a facebook group for admitted grad students to connect, find housing, etc. 

I agree, I am currently looking for housing as well, and potentially a roommate.

Hey, i'm going into organic chemistry at NU. Are you doing materials science from the engineering or chemistry department? I've noticed there are a number of professors in both departments.

I'm from California and i'm prob not gonna move down until August.

15 hours ago, Brazzers said:

Hey, i'm going into organic chemistry at NU. Are you doing materials science from the engineering or chemistry department? I've noticed there are a number of professors in both departments.

I'm from California and i'm prob not gonna move down until August.

I'll be enrolled in the department of materials science and engineering.  A number of interesting faculty members have shared appointments with chemistry, however.

Hi, will be starting a Sociology PhD at NU in the fall! I already have housing (moving in with college friend who is already at NU in chem) but would love to talk to more incoming students!

Hi all! Starting a History PhD at NU, moving from Oregon in August-ish. 

Moment I thought you all would appreciate: I'm setting up my NU email address and laughing at the idea of having an expected graduation date.