ASHA PHYSICAL SCIENCE REQUIREMENT

Unfortunately, ASHA just recently updated the rules so now physics or chemistry is required. I do know that the party responsible for confirming your ASHA pre-reqs is your grad institution and some schools may interpret more broadly (though they probably aren't supposed to). I would definitely check in with the university you're planning to attend if you're beginning in Fall 2019. If you're applying past that, you may want to consider taking physics or chemistry so it doesn't hurt your chances of gaining admission.

Sorry you're in this situation ? 

Edited by Rezzy S.
typo

From what I’ve been told, ASHA has set the standard for the physics/chemistry requirement to go into effect in 2020; since you’ll still be a student by that time, you must take physics or chemistry.

Usually if the course does not have any references to physics or chemistry, it is not valid. If you put up a description or the course (or syllabus description), it would be helpful. 

27 minutes ago, CANDYLAND said:

Okay so if chem/physics will go into effect 2020.   Shouldn’t my bio-Physical science be accepted under 2014 standards 

No, unfortunately it's for everyone applying for their CCCs after 2020. Since you can't do that until after you graduate, you're stuck with the new regs. It applied to me, and I've already started grad school and now have to take a summer course I wasn't planning on.

19 minutes ago, CANDYLAND said:

Sorry i didn't make it clear that I will be finished before 2020 ... so my BIO-PHYSICAL SCIENCE should suffice Right????????? 

If you’re done before 2020, it should be fine. Although be aware your CFY grants you your CCCs so if you get up to 2020 with the CFY, the requirement would likely still apply. (Which is less than a year now)

5 hours ago, bibliophile222 said:

No, unfortunately it's for everyone applying for their CCCs after 2020. Since you can't do that until after you graduate, you're stuck with the new regs. It applied to me, and I've already started grad school and now have to take a summer course I wasn't planning on.

Did your grad program tell you about this? 

9 hours ago, Sweetroll said:

Did your grad program tell you about this? 

They didn't even know until last October or November. They were fully prepared to accept my astronomy course until they found out about the new regilations.