Anyone heard from Stanford's philosophy MA?

AndreaBamboo

I have applied to 2019 philosophy MA in Stanford and it has been radio silence since then.  My application status is always 'submitted', making me wonder is there even an 'under review' status? I have checked past results posted on this site, the only information I get is that in 2016 someone recieved their MA offer on May 4th and someone else said Stanford forgot to send the rejection letter. I am really anxious  since this is my first choice and  I have turned down Tufts(and any other funded masters) before April 15th.

Anyone heard form Stanford's philosophy MA now? Anyone knows whether there is an 'under review' status in their online application system? Should I solicit their decisions? Any advice/comments/information?

Please say something to me! Thank you so much!

19 hours ago, AndreaBamboo said:

I have applied to 2019 philosophy MA in Stanford and it has been radio silence since then.  My application status is always 'submitted', making me wonder is there even an 'under review' status? I have checked past results posted on this site, the only information I get is that in 2016 someone recieved their MA offer on May 4th and someone else said Stanford forgot to send the rejection letter. I am really anxious  since this is my first choice and  I have turned down Tufts(and any other funded masters) before April 15th.

Anyone heard form Stanford's philosophy MA now? Anyone knows whether there is an 'under review' status in their online application system? Should I solicit their decisions? Any advice/comments/information?

I haven't heard of Stanford's MA in philosophy.

I don't know whether I grasp your situation well -- you turned down the other MAs in favor of Stanford's silence? Or was that independent of Stanford's decision?

For whatever it is worth, I don't expect an offer to come after April 15 if you haven't heard anything yet. Email them?

Edited by Duns Eith

I just did a quick look for Stanford’s MA in philosophy program. They do have one, but they plainly state that no funding is available for MA students.

I am left wondering why you would turn down a funded offer, even a partially funded offer, for the possibility that Stanford will accept you after the decision deadline. The only hope is that since it is an unfunded MA perhaps they admit all applicants, or most applicants.

On 4/19/2019 at 9:16 PM, AndreaBamboo said:

You should email them or maybe even call. 

And as mentioned by others, you turned down other offers just in case Stanford came through or are we missing something?