Fall 2020 Theater/Performance Studies PhD

theatregrad18

17 hours ago, LapisLazuli<3 said:

Oof. Looks like I missed the cut for TAPs. Congrats to all those who got the interview!

Sorry about the Berkeley rejection. Where did you see it? Were you interviewed? I checked my application portal- I don't have a change to my status yet. 

I recieved an email from Berkeley asking me to check my status in my application portal. 

If you have not received any email, and your status have not changed, you might be still considered.

15 hours ago, Jickey said:

Congratulations on the offer!! I had an interview with Berkeley, and was told that the admission committee would meet on this Wednesday and that decisions would be communicated within the next couple of weeks. Also have one interview scheduled with Stanford, they framed it as a "semi-finalist pool"...

Thank you. 

Congrats on your interviews. That is so exciting to hear from those dream schools.

On 2/1/2020 at 1:21 PM, mariahjewelalanis said:

Got into Madison ITS this week but also wondering about Brown. Seems that since 2015 they haven't sent out interview emails later than Jan 30. 

Congrats!! So excited for you. 

Brown *did* have an extended deadline this year, so I wouldn’t be surprised if that has delayed their usual schedule.

If any of you brave ones choose to bite the bullet & reach out to these programs re: status of admissions...feel free to post about it in here. ? 

As for me, just applied to Washington. All done with apps! 

Hey guys!

I need some advices. I got three offers so far: UC Davis, Ohio State, and CU at Boulder. I’m struggling between UC Davis and Ohio State. Basically, I found the program of Davis is kind of what I want (PaR and specializes in interactive medias); Ohio State is more like a traditional Theater program but my colleagues highly recommended it. So from the perspective of the program itself, which one is better? (My research interest fall into spectatorship, digital media, and labor/ethic.) Thank you so much!

Rejected by Northwestern today T.T

5 hours ago, taps2020 said:

Anyone else still waiting to hear anything from Berkeley? (And haven't heard from NYU, nobody in the past seems to have posted about interviews from there?)

Interviewed 3 weeks ago and waiting to hear from them as well...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks!

I am new here! I had Skype interviews with Stanford TAPS and Northwestern PS several weeks ago and haven't heard back yet... Has anyone heard from them after Skype interviews?! (I just saw a couple people had been invited by Stanford for a campus visit. Does this mean I got rejected?)

I don't know if it's okay to contact them to ask about the results... Thanks!!

Edited by promenade

3 hours ago, promenade said:

Hi Folks!

I am new here! I had Skype interviews with Stanford TAPS and Northwestern PS several weeks ago and haven't heard back yet... Has anyone heard from them after Skype interviews?! (I just saw a couple people had been invited by Stanford for a campus visit. Does this mean I got rejected?)

Interviewed with Stanford TAPS weeks ago too and have not heard from them. I heard that they usually invited a few people to visit the campus and admit about half of those...

2 minutes ago, promenade said:

Thanks, Jickey!! Yeah... Then should I assume rejection if I haven't been invited to the campus...? 

I would guess so, although I am not exactly positive...I don't know if they wound up inviting 8 this time and admit 4 like they did before, or if they somehow waitlist those who are not invited to campus...

59 minutes ago, Jickey said:

I would guess so, although I am not exactly positive...I don't know if they wound up inviting 8 this time and admit 4 like they did before, or if they somehow waitlist those who are not invited to campus...

I started panicking.. ? Thanks so much!! 

6 hours ago, promenade said:

Hi Folks!

I know a couple people who have also been invited to campus interviews by Northwestern PS this week (21-23, I think?). Not sure when their invites were sent out, but Stanford sent theirs out on the 7th to visit the 26-27. 

I’m also not sure if either school does any kind of waitlist, but it might be worth it to reach out if you haven’t heard anything by maybe early March? 

Hi Everyone! Thanks for all the helpful tips and results posted to this forum.

I'm only waiting to hear back from the CUNY Grad Center at this point and I saw one unofficial admit and an official waitlist posted to the results. No official admits or rejections though.

Anyone have any other info they've heard? Or if the unofficial admit person is seeing this - have you heard anything official yet?

I figure no news is good news, but who knows at this point!

52 minutes ago, theatrenerd said:

Hi Everyone! Thanks for all the helpful tips and results posted to this forum.

I'm only waiting to hear back from the CUNY Grad Center at this point and I saw one unofficial admit and an official waitlist posted to the results. No official admits or rejections though.

Anyone have any other info they've heard? Or if the unofficial admit person is seeing this - have you heard anything official yet?

I figure no news is good news, but who knows at this point!

Hi! I received the acceptance email from CUNY a few days ago.. (it said the official letter from the school would arrive soon) they are organizing a campus visit day in March for accepted and waitlist students. I hope this info helps.

Edited by promenade

29 minutes ago, promenade said:

Hi! I received the acceptance email from CUNY a few days ago.. (it said the official letter from the school would arrive soon) they are organizing a campus visit day in March for accepted and waitlist students. I hope this info helps.

Thanks for the info. Assuming it's a no then and they just haven't gotten around to sending rejections.

Hi folks! 

First, thank you all for posting here. Some theater friends and I have applied to various programs, and it's been really nice seeing that we're not the only people stressing about this. We are feeling the stress too, so you are not alone!

Second, congrats to the folks who have gotten into programs! A couple of my friends have acceptances, but they didn't want to post about it. Superstitious, I guess? But in our group, there are still some schools that we know nothing about. So I figured I would ask....has anyone gotten responses for PhD programs in Theatre / Performance Studies from any of these schools?

Bowling Green, Cornell, Ohio University, UC Irvine, UC San Diego, U of Georgia, U of Maryland, U of Minnesota, U of Washington, U of British Columbia, and York University

We're a bit all over the place. Anyone hear anything from these? We figure no news is probably bad news in most cases, but some of these had late application deadlines.

Any intel would be great. Thanks, and best of luck to everyone!