Undergrad vs Masters LORs

Hi all, I'm beginning to prep for the upcoming PhD application cycle this fall/winter and have run into a question that's frankly starting to give me a lot of anxiety: that is, what's the relative value of Masters-level LORs vs undergrad ones? 

I went into my MA straight after undergrad, and it's a 1-year programme in the UK. I found the teaching & marking style quite different here, and perhaps this contributed to me not really making any strong connections with my few professors. I've done very well in all of my modules and my professors will know me/my abilities from my work, but beyond that, none really have a relationship with me (aside from my dissertation supervisor, of course, who I know will be able to write me a strong letter). Meanwhile, in undergrad, I had taken several courses each with 2 professors who know me very well, had a good relationship with me, and will be able to write strong letters (in fact, have already written strong letters for me when I applied for MA programmes). 

Since most of the PhD programmes I'm interested in require 3 letters of recommendation, I was hoping to have my MA dissertation supervisor write one, and ask my undergrad professors to supply the other two. In terms of the quality of letters, I think this would be the best scenario. There is another professor, however, in my MA, in whose module I did very well and who would be able to write a decent letter based on my work but I don't think it would be very strong, as we don't really have any relationship outside the two papers I've submitted to him. 

Am I in the wrong for thinking like this? Would having 2 undergrad letters and only 1 postgrad one reflect poorly on my application, overall? Part of me feels like because it's only been 1 year since I left undergrad, there wouldn't have been any drastic changes in my work, and if I provide my undergrad professors with a sample of my recent (MA) work, their letters should still be quite accurate reflections of me as a student. On the other hand, I can't really shake the feeling that somehow, I'm losing out by not having more graduate-level feedback... 

Have any of you dealt with this whilst applying? Or has anyone had any advice on similar situations? Would love to hear from you! 

-A very stressed applicant 

I have experienced this and you should always go with the people who can write the best, most enthusiastic letter, so long as they come from academic institutions. Whether from BA or MA doesn’t matter so long as they can comment on your critical ability.

While I think it could be a red flag to have no letter of recommendation from your master's degree, I think one master's LOR and 2 from your undergrad is perfectly reasonable, especially since it was only a 1 year program. As @WildeThing says, the most important factor is that they are strong letters, but there are some politics beyond that, which could play a role. However, a strong letter from your thesis advisor should resolve that.

i agree with both of the above. you might think about just using all the LORs at your disposal. since we've had a few discussions here about how the writing style of UK LORs can seem less unenthusiastic than the style in the US, i think i'd advise you to submit 3 letters from your undergrad institution and 1 letter from your UK institution (your thesis advisor, preferably).