Do prerequisite courses carry more weight?

I wouldn't say that they necessarily count more but you should aim to do well in all. I know that probably wasn't what you wanted to hear but many schools require different prerequisite so it's hard to know which ones you'll need to demonstrate higher grades in. The best thing to do is try to get your major classes higher than your general ed requirements and check to make sure you meet the grade requirement the school needs from you for that class. Hope this helped!

5 hours ago, laura120 said:

I wouldn't say that they necessarily count more but you should aim to do well in all. I know that probably wasn't what you wanted to hear but many schools require different prerequisite so it's hard to know which ones you'll need to demonstrate higher grades in. The best thing to do is try to get your major classes higher than your general ed requirements and check to make sure you meet the grade requirement the school needs from you for that class. Hope this helped!

I meant like prerequisite to graduate programs. You know how programs require certain classes to be considered for admission? Such as anatomy, speech science, audiology, etc.?

8 hours ago, futurespeechpath1 said:

I meant like prerequisite to graduate programs. You know how programs require certain classes to be considered for admission? Such as anatomy, speech science, audiology, etc.?

If you dont have a CSD major, then the CSD prereqs definitely carry more weight than your major courses! Many people have a tough time in their first major and use the prereqs to boost their GPA and show programs that they can do well in the field. I think @laura120 assumed you had a CSD undergrad degree. If that's the case, I agree that all courses in the CSD major probably carry equal weight.

Edited by bibliophile222

14 hours ago, bibliophile222 said:

If you dont have a CSD major, then the CSD prereqs definitely carry more weight than your major courses! Many people have a tough time in their first major and use the prereqs to boost their GPA and show programs that they can do well in the field. I think @laura120 assumed you had a CSD undergrad degree. If that's the case, I agree that all courses in the CSD major probably carry equal weight.

Yeah I do have an undergrad degree I'm sorry I don't think I'm explaining it correctly so I'll attach a picture of what I mean! So in the picture for this graduate school would the courses listed under prerequisites to apply carry more weight than the courses within the CSD major that aren't listed?

Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 9.54.13 PM.png

8 hours ago, inneedofadvice said:

Piggybacking off of that, does anyone know if it matters where you go to get your prerequisites? My undergrad program is pretty rigorous & respected, but an online program would be potentially easier and definitely cheaper to live at home. Thoughts?

The answer is (mostly) a big fat NOPE. Get your prereqs wherever it's cheapest! The caveat to that is that different programs may require different prereqs, so you really need to research your potential programs and see what they need. Some programs may not offer the uncommon prereqs and you may need to get them from a couple places.