Leveling Courses at University of St. Augustine

Has anyone taken their leveling course at St. Augustine? I will have to pay out of pocket for leveling courses and I think they have cheaper classes. If anyone has taken them: 

How are they course caseload wise?

Are professors able to give letters of recommendation?

How were you able to get your observation hours? 

Thanks! 

3 hours ago, BlackGirlSLP said:

Has anyone taken their leveling course at St. Augustine? I will have to pay out of pocket for leveling courses and I think they have cheaper classes. If anyone has taken them: 

How are they course caseload wise?

Are professors able to give letters of recommendation?

How were you able to get your observation hours? 

Thanks! 

Hi! I follow you on IG. I'm not sure about the cost at St Augustine...maybe I can offer you an alternative?  I attend ENMU it's around $800 for 3 units. I qualified for financial aid for 1 year for their leveling courses. 

5 hours ago, KEIM said:

Hi! I follow you on IG. I'm not sure about the cost at St Augustine...maybe I can offer you an alternative?  I attend ENMU it's around $800 for 3 units. I qualified for financial aid for 1 year for their leveling courses. 

Hello! That’s not a bad price. St. Augustine’s courses are $550 each class. I’m fearing I won’t be able to get financial since I’ve used it for my Associates and now Bachelors degrees.

57 minutes ago, BlackGirlSLP said:

Hello! That’s not a bad price. St. Augustine’s courses are $550 each class. I’m fearing I won’t be able to get financial since I’ve used it for my Associates and now Bachelors degrees.

Since you've already gotten your bachelors you won't qualify for a Pell grant, but if you get your prereqs as part of a post-bacc program (as opposed to just taking a few courses) you may qualify for federal loans. If you only need a few courses it might not be worth it, but if you need several it might be worth looking into. For the record, I did my post-bacc online through Pacific University and qualified for loans.

5 hours ago, BlackGirlSLP said:

I also had max credits. The only way I qualified was applying as a “graduate leveling student”. But as was mentioned above, I suppose it might not be worth it if you only need 1 class. 

23 hours ago, bibliophile222 said:

Since you've already gotten your bachelors you won't qualify for a Pell grant, but if you get your prereqs as part of a post-bacc program (as opposed to just taking a few courses) you may qualify for federal loans. If you only need a few courses it might not be worth it, but if you need several it might be worth looking into. For the record, I did my post-bacc online through Pacific University and qualified for loans.

I will look into this. I feared that I wouldn’t be able to get loans either. I’m going to look into Pacific University and USU. 

thanks!

18 hours ago, KEIM said:

I also had max credits. The only way I qualified was applying as a “graduate leveling student”. But as was mentioned above, I suppose it might not be worth it if you only need 1 class. 

I didn’t know you could apply as graduate leveling student. Where did you take your leveling courses? 

6 hours ago, BlackGirlSLP said:

I didn’t know you could apply as graduate leveling student. Where did you take your leveling courses? 

Eastern New Mexico University