Next year I'll apply to political science Ph.D. programs. I am currently studying a terminal MA in Political Science, but my BA is in Econ. Since my background is more quantitative than qualitative (the MA program I'm studying is also fairly quantitative) I'm interested in applying to quantitatively oriented programs. I know that Rochester, WUSTL, NYU, and UCLA have very quantitative programs. Could you recommend me other programs with a similar focus? I'm interested in both American and European programs.

Thanks.

Just wanted to add that Rochester (and I believe WUSTL) is very formal theory (game theory) heavy. If you're doing this, add Caltech Social Science and Stanford GSB to your list. Most top schools have a formal theorist or two (or more) on staff, so if you want to do formal work but don't want to be a formal theorist, it's hard to go wrong.  

NYU does good game theory but also is good in the statistics quantitative stuff. 

Anywhere in the top 10 or top 15 is seriously good at statistics/data science type stuff though, and you can't go wrong there either. Pretty much everyone has a seriously good methods person and also a good stats or math/econ department if you want to supplement things. Further down in the rankings is Penn State, where some grads land data science jobs. 

Also definitely take a look at PhD programs where you can get a master's for free in stats or econ. I know Harvard and Stanford and I think Duke (this isn't an exhaustive list, it's just what I can pull off the top of my head rn) easily let you do this. 

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the top programs allow you to do quant-heavy stuff these days. You can easily add Stanford, Duke, Princeton to the list, and I'm sure other some other ones as well. In many programs, you will be able to take classes outside of your department too, so taking stats or econ classes shouldn't be a problem.