Should I include "publications" in undergraduate journals on my CV?

During undergrad, I "published" a couple of articles in my institution's student-run journals, as well as several poems in its student-run literary journals. My initial thought was that I shouldn't include these on my CV for PhD applications since they are neither peer-reviewed articles nor prestigious literary journals, and it'll probably look like I'm trying to pretend I've published when I really haven't. Am I correct in thinking that they would be a waste of space in (and possibly even a detriment to) my CV, or should I include them just to show that I was engaged in these activities during undergrad? Perhaps I should add that I'll be applying with both a BA and an MA, so even the most recent of these were a couple of years ago.

Edit: one of the articles was published in a journal run by the university's writing program faculty, so I suppose that one isn't student-run – but it's also not a peer-review process; the faculty just chooses the best papers written for a particular writing program course to publish.

Edited by Indecisive Poet

Yes, you should include these. Absolutely no one is expecting you to have a peer-reviewed article published before you start your PhD—in fact, even PhD candidates are really only expected to have a single peer-reviewed publication by the time the go on the job market. A CV is intended to be a fairly complete picture of your intellectual life, and undergraduate publications are part of that; no one will look down on you for writing undergraduate level work when you were in undergrad. In fact, by making the effort to get them published in some form or fashion, you went above and beyond what was expected of you and that will reflect positively, not negatively.

1 hour ago, dilby said:

Absolutely no one is expecting you to have a peer-reviewed article published before you start your PhD

This. Grad Schools are looking for someone that they feel have a good base and can grow in their program. If you're already a developed scholar, there's no point for a grad school to accept you. Grad School exists for the developing.

1 hour ago, dilby said:

, even PhD candidates are really only expected to have a single peer-reviewed publication by the time the go on the job market

That is the goal. Not everyone will make it there. However, great programs will work with you to develop the article and to provide valuable feedback to try to help you get a peer-reviewed publication. I think it's also important to remember that the majority of people will be rejected by journals. It's important to keep your head up even when you face rejections.