NELC PhD Applications 2020

Georgetown emailed me, telling me I'm on their shortlist, and want to interview me this upcoming Friday. I was really not expecting this as I feel like I'm sorta a bad fit for the department. Oh boy, I just hafta do better than my Penn interview...

Anyone have any experience with Georgetown and their interview process?

1 hour ago, Shijia said:

I’m getting a bit impatient... anyone heared from UMichigan or NYU? 

I'm meeting informally with my POI at NYU tomorrow, I'll let you know if they tell me anything about the timeline from here on out.

12 minutes ago, Shijia said:

That would be great, thanks! And hope all goes well with you :))

Unfortuantely it sounds like NYU had already determined the top cut of people. Pretty sure I didnt make it, but who's to say. They didnt go into more detail unfortunately.

20 minutes ago, NyarkoSan said:

Unfortuantely it sounds like NYU had already determined the top cut of people. Pretty sure I didnt make it, but who's to say. They didnt go into more detail unfortunately.

Thank you for the information! I haven’t heard anything from them, so I guess I’ll just have to wait for the rejection email to come... 

But let’s not lose hope 

14 minutes ago, NyarkoSan said:

Georgetown sent an email about 40 minutes ago notifying me that I was admitted! Congratulations to those who were also admitted. 

They said official letters are to come in the next few days.

Congratulations!!! ?

6 minutes ago, hajjibaba said:

after weeks and weeks of waiting, mustering up the courage to send a follow-up email, only to be met with more agonizing silence, adds yet another miserable layer to this horrendous process. 

Did you email UCLA? I sent them an email this morning and haven't heard back, either.

Accepted to the NYU MA program! The email didn't have much information, but tbh it's definitely not something I'm as interested in now due to having PhD opportunities. Congratulations to the others admitted!

• 5 weeks later...
On 2/8/2020 at 2:53 AM, 9baller said:

I got accepted to CUA's Semitics PhD, but I won't know about funding until later this month. This was the only program I applied to, so getting in was a huge relief.

They offered to waive my tuition for 5 years. I accepted!

Edited by 9baller