Statement of Purpose & Application Advice

Hey guys- Wondering if anyone would be willing to swap personal statements or to read mine? It's a very rough draft but I'd love any input or suggestions I can get on it so far! 

Also, I'm a Canadian applicant applying to schools in the States (my first attempt at applying for grad school) and I've decided to apply to UVM, UMaine, UNH, Syracuse, Buffalo, and Nazareth. I was wondering if there are any other Canadians applying to US schools, or even if there's anyone (Canadian or not) who has been accepted or goes to any of these schools and can comment on them. Want to get an idea of if my stats are decent enough (particularly to get into UVM, UMaine or Syracuse, as those are my top choices)!

Hi! I'm currently in my second year at UVM and am happy to answer any questions about the program, location, etc.

As far as stats go, I don't really know what the averages are in my cohort, but I know one girl got in with what she called an "embarrassingly low" quant score. I'm not the best person to ask, though, because I've always tested well and my scores probably aren't representative of admitted students as a whole.

• 1 year later...
On 11/24/2019 at 3:49 PM, ataylor said:

Hey guys- Wondering if anyone would be willing to swap personal statements or to read mine? It's a very rough draft but I'd love any input or suggestions I can get on it so far! 

Also, I'm a Canadian applicant applying to schools in the States (my first attempt at applying for grad school) and I've decided to apply to UVM, UMaine, UNH, Syracuse, Buffalo, and Nazareth. I was wondering if there are any other Canadians applying to US schools, or even if there's anyone (Canadian or not) who has been accepted or goes to any of these schools and can comment on them. Want to get an idea of if my stats are decent enough (particularly to get into UVM, UMaine or Syracuse, as those are my top choices)!

Hello! So you applied to the Fall 2020 UVM.. When would you say that you received your admission? I have applied to the 2021 Fall Program and I am super anxious to hear back.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2021 at 7:28 PM, Bspeech said:

Hello! So you applied to the Fall 2020 UVM.. When would you say that you received your admission? I have applied to the 2021 Fall Program and I am super anxious to hear back.

Hi! I think I got that admission either February 10 or 11 last year. Good luck!