Aerospace Engineering MS/PhD Fall 2020 applicants Megathread

askker

2 hours ago, askker said:

Are you the one got interviewed last week? I’m interested in working with Prof. Soon-Jo

No, I am not interested in controls and robotics. I am interested in compressible flows. So, no Prof. Soon-Jo

On 12/9/2019 at 10:16 AM, askker said:

Hey guys,

Haven't seen anyone post it yet, so I'll do it. I saw someone has already get offered from Umich! Congratulations! Share your background and discuss anything on applying to aerospace programs!

Undergrad Institution: 
Concentration: 
Overall GPA: x.xx / 4.00

Where you applied:
Demographics/Background: International Student with US degree

GRE Scores: 

Research Experiences: 

LOR: 

Awards/Honors/Recognitions: 

Anything else:

Research Interests: 

as for myself:

Undergrad Institution:  UIUC Aerospace
Concentration: ML, Control, Autonomy
Overall GPA: 4.00 / 4.00

Where you applied: Stanford(MS), MIT(MS), Caltech(PhD), Gatech(MS), Umich(MS), UIUC(MS), Purdue (MS)
Demographics/Background: International Student with US degree

GRE Scores: V158 Q170 W3.5

Research Experiences: 1x cfd, 1x aircraft icing, 1x reinforcement learning + autonomous vehicles

LOR: 3 from three research advisors (1 is not on tenure track though)

Awards/Honors/Recognitions: Nothing special, dean's list etc.

Anything else:

Research Interests: 

Hey askker, I got an offer from UIUC under Prof. Panerai. What do you suggest? is he good?

On 2/10/2020 at 10:26 PM, Kyle57 said:

I haven’t gotten a reply yet, just an email saying that they are still reviewing my application. I would think that since you had an interview that they should get back to you relatively quickly. Perhaps within a week or so.

Sigh hopefully I do. It’s been 9 days since the interview so no panicking yet. 

On 2/12/2020 at 10:52 PM, DracoMalfoy said:

Hey askker, I got an offer from UIUC under Prof. Panerai. What do you suggest? is he good?

Cool! In my opinion he is a very nice person, super approachable! I went to his flight dynamics class and it was pretty good. He is a newly recruited assistant professor to the department in these two years. I would encourage you to talk to him more if you are interested in his offer.

On 2/16/2020 at 5:42 AM, vasan03 said:

Can we expect a decision for GALCIT at Caltech this week?

Based on last years, It seems this is the week...

On 2/15/2020 at 2:09 PM, askker said:

Cool! In my opinion he is a very nice person, super approachable! I went to his flight dynamics class and it was pretty good. He is a newly recruited assistant professor to the department in these two years. I would encourage you to talk to him more if you are interested in his offer.

Did anyone hear from MIT?

19 minutes ago, vasan03 said:

No. What about you. What is your undergraduate institution. I am from IIT Madras.

Have you been interviewed? I heard there was a visit day organized by GALCIT around last to last week.