FALL 2020 BUSINESS PHD APPLICANTS

usphd1920

On 1/23/2020 at 9:47 PM, usphd1920 said:

Hi Maverick,

I created the thread, but it was dead for quite some time.  I though no one was interested.  So I did not check the thread till today and was pleasantly surprised! :D
Not heard back from any of my universities so far.  The waiting is tough...

@usphd1920Agreed. The waiting is tough, especially when results are starting to go live. At least we have this online community.

@HLB I only applied to 4 programs, and I haven't heard back from any either. Hopefully we will all start getting some good news this week. ?

2 hours ago, HLB said:

out of curiosity, how many applications do you guys think one should make? I only made 3 and I'm feeling like I should have applied to more programs to have a plan B

I applied to 13 and heard back from 5 so far. Looking back I think it's too many, and may be 7-8 would be the best number.

2 hours ago, DoktorDoktor said:

I applied to 13 and heard back from 5 so far. Looking back I think it's too many, and may be 7-8 would be the best number.

wow, 13, that must have been a lot of work, yeah I also think I should have applied to 3 of the less known uni just to be sure. well no point crying over spilt milk. But good luck on your applications, hope you get callback for your first-choice program

Hi my OB people, I saw gradcafe posted one interview from GIT. GIT is my top choice, so I'm very sad that I didn't get the interview invitation. Can anyone who got GIT interview share some information on the admission process (like if I still have chances of being interviewed etc)? 

8 hours ago, grace1234 said:

Hi my OB people, I saw gradcafe posted one interview from GIT. GIT is my top choice, so I'm very sad that I didn't get the interview invitation. Can anyone who got GIT interview share some information on the admission process (like if I still have chances of being interviewed etc)? 

I think that post is mine. The interview is scheduled next week with 2 professors who I didn't mention in my SOP. I will ask about the admission process during the interview. 

On 1/26/2020 at 10:12 AM, auly said:

Has anyone heard from Wharton? I received neither interview invitation nor rejection. But it seems that Wharton has already sent out rejection letters.

Well I guess I should be grateful I haven't yet been rejected? I'm not an anxious person but this is driving me crazy! I've had 2 interviews and rumor has it Kellogg is letting people know by the 1st!?! I was cool as a cucumber until I heard that from a current PhD student there.

On 1/27/2020 at 10:32 AM, HLB said:

out of curiosity, how many applications do you guys think one should make? I only made 3 and I'm feeling like I should have applied to more programs to have a plan B

I heard apply to cast a wide net and apply to 10-12 (I did 13) but I've also met people who only applied to 1 and got in.

9 hours ago, jash said:

I heard apply to cast a wide net and apply to 10-12 (I did 13) but I've also met people who only applied to 1 and got in.

Thank you for the positive note. How were your interviews? All good I hope. Well its frustrating to wait like this but lets hope no news is good news

3 hours ago, HLB said:

Thank you for the positive note. How were your interviews? All good I hope. Well its frustrating to wait like this but lets hope no news is good news

I interviewed with Kellogg and FSU. I think they went well and I have a visit scheduled with FSU, but technically I have no acceptances yet lol so shrug. Best of luck!

1 hour ago, jash said:

I interviewed with Kellogg and FSU. I think they went well and I have a visit scheduled with FSU, but technically I have no acceptances yet lol so shrug. Best of luck!

Well finger super crossed then! 

9 hours ago, jash said:

Hi! I interviewed with FSU too. Did you get campus interview invitation already?? I interviewed with them but didn't get campus interview invitation yet :(((((