Columbia MSW- Emails about Fellowships?

ZoeD

Hi all- 

I have been following this forum for a long time so very excited to post! I am 25, originally from NYC/NJ, currently living in San Diego, CA working in biopharmaceutical advertising. I did AmeriCorps right after I graduated from college and served as a high school English teacher in the South Bronx. I also worked all throughout high school and college as a camp counselor. I am so excited to be (hopefully) returning to the field of social justice. I hope to concentrate in Children and Families with a Clinical pathway (based on what the programs I apply to are offering). 

I applied to Columbia on November 29th and received an email today encouraging me to apply to a fellowship. I am wondering if anybody else who applied has received something like this? Just curious if it means anything...it involved education, which I clearly expressed interest in in my application, but is more global whereas I am hoping to serve within NYC.

Just for kicks, here are the schools I am applying to:

Columbia- Applied November 29th for ED

Boston U- Applying by Jan 10 for ED

NYU- Applying by Jan 10 for ED 

Hunter- Applying by Feb 1 for ED

UT Austin- Applying by Jan 15th (regular deadline) 

Michigan - Applying by March 1 for ED 

I am also considering Rutgers ?

Thanks and good luck to all! 

I also received it! It was specific to work in Brazil I think. Freaked out for a moment because I thought it meant I was accepted, but didn't see any changes in my application portal. Plus, it looks like the deadline is before acceptances are expected to come out, so I think it's unrelated to your admissions decisions. 

• 4 weeks later...

Got the email for the fellowship as well , totally thought it was an indication for an acceptance, but the fellowship doesn't match at all with my profile of interest. So, probably a mass email.