Second Bachelors before Masters...?

I have a liberal arts bachelors degree and my GPA isn’t the greatest due to some personal events that had taken place.

I really want to get a MSW but I’m not sure who will accept me as well as the costs and such.

I am considering going back to school for a second bachelors degree - in social work. Then applying to an accelerated MSW program and possibly get funding. Has anyone ever done this before? What are your thoughts?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Depends on the school you might want to get your second bachelors and the school you want to go to later for your masters. If you want to get your masters at an expensive school, paying for one year is cheaper than two. Especially if you transfer from a state school with cheap tuition. 

You can also take community college courses for credit if that feels do-able for you rather than another undergrad degree.Or even a 4+1 BSW/MSW. I would suggest maybe taking the GRE if your GPA is super low. Anything above a 2.9 you can still get in with good other stats. I'm sure below 2.9 as well but from others I've known that have been accepted they had 2.9.