Gender/Feminist Studies (Fall 2020)

jenny67

Hey yall, thought I'd add my info...some of it may be a bummer

Accepted into Emory WGS. Interview first weekend of February, phone call a few days later

Accepted into Stony Brook

Partner has an interview at Maryland WGS

No information from Rutgers at all

Those are the only WGS programs I've applied to. Best of luck to all!

On 2/15/2020 at 3:10 PM, gsws2020 said:

Anyone heard from Rutgers or UW? I know each program has held interviews for applicants in years prior but I haven't seen/heard anything about either school this season. They are my top programs!

I was worrying about these as well - also my top programs! I checked their websites again, and Rutgers says they will try to notify candidates by early March and UW says by late March/early April. 

I don't want to wait that long but it helps me feel less anxious about not hearing anything yet!

22 hours ago, jenny67 said:

No sorry- but UCLA rejected me LOL 

What is up with Rutgers? 

Sorry about UCLA. No idea with Rutgers. Just saw someone posted a rejection from UW - I haven't heard from them and nothing has changed on my portal so my fingers are still crossed even though I know they're highly competitive. Rutgers and UW are really putting me through it right now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2020 at 10:58 AM, gsws2020 said:

Sorry about UCLA. No idea with Rutgers. Just saw someone posted a rejection from UW - I haven't heard from them and nothing has changed on my portal so my fingers are still crossed even though I know they're highly competitive. Rutgers and UW are really putting me through it right now.

Good luck on UW-  heaing nothing might be good news-

On 3/12/2020 at 10:00 PM, jenny67 said:

what is everyone doing to make decisions if there is not a school visit? 

I'm working with my POI to do individual Skype calls with other faculty + graduate students.

Not ideal but it's the world we live in! ?

By the way, anyone have updates about Rutgers WGS or UCSC Feminist Studies??

It's been so long...

On 3/16/2020 at 12:11 PM, masthana said:

I'm working with my POI to do individual Skype calls with other faculty + graduate students.

Not ideal but it's the world we live in! ?

By the way, anyone have updates about Rutgers WGS or UCSC Feminist Studies??

It's been so long...

Have not heard from Rutgers WGSS or UMN Twin Cities Fem. Studies on my end - 

Try and keep hope- we may have to reach out to them pretty soon since it's less than a month away before the deadline….

I've heard of programs contacting individuals after the 4/15 deadline, so there is always a little hope 

On 3/17/2020 at 1:29 PM, jenny67 said:

Have not heard from Rutgers WGSS or UMN Twin Cities Fem. Studies on my end - 

Try and keep hope- we may have to reach out to them pretty soon since it's less than a month away before the deadline….

I've heard of programs contacting individuals after the 4/15 deadline, so there is always a little hope 

Oh wow that could be good news for you! 

I was rejected from UMN Feminist Studies in their first wave of rejections on Feb 5th. If they haven't sent out any acceptances, that could mean you're on their shortlist!

Since I posted that, I accepted an offer from a pretty interdisciplinary Anthropology program. I'm happy where I am and at this rate wouldn't have accepted Rutgers or UCSC if they accepted me :P

On 3/18/2020 at 8:20 PM, masthana said:

Oh wow that could be good news for you! 

I was rejected from UMN Feminist Studies in their first wave of rejections on Feb 5th. If they haven't sent out any acceptances, that could mean you're on their shortlist!

Since I posted that, I accepted an offer from a pretty interdisciplinary Anthropology program. I'm happy where I am and at this rate wouldn't have accepted Rutgers or UCSC if they accepted me :P

Thanks for the optimism on UMN, and congrats on the Anthro acceptance!

So Rutgers did interviews in January #depresessionmode LOL I found another forum in the GWS/Feminist Studies Field LOL heres the link : 

20 hours ago, jenny67 said:

Thanks for the optimism on UMN, and congrats on the Anthro acceptance!

So Rutgers did interviews in January #depresessionmode LOL I found another forum in the GWS/Feminist Studies Field LOL heres the link : 

Sorry about that. I started it a while back and then found this form instead, but then people still used the other one.

4 hours ago, lkaitlyn said:

Sorry about that. I started it a while back and then found this form instead, but then people still used the other one.

No need to apologize! I wanted to provide the link here in case someone wanted to look at more info on programs :)

Received my official rejection from Rutgers today. I was expecting it, so not terribly upset, but still disappointing. 

Still waiting to hear back from 2 schools, but not feeling great about my prospects for getting into a program this year. Best of luck to everyone else still awaiting decisions!

On 3/27/2020 at 11:48 AM, femstudies said:

Received my official rejection from Rutgers today. I was expecting it, so not terribly upset, but still disappointing. 

Still waiting to hear back from 2 schools, but not feeling great about my prospects for getting into a program this year. Best of luck to everyone else still awaiting decisions!

Same for me and Rutgers...

Keep your fingers crossed and keep us posted!