U of Minnesota - Developmental Psych PhD

Lincoln94

Looks like some people have been contacted for phone interviews by PIs...does anyone know if this is the standard? Or perhaps just PIs that have multiple applicants interested in working with them?

Wondering if no phone call means your application is no longer in the running.

I am not sure about Developmental, but I know that in Clinical, my PI let me know that not getting an in person invite wouldn't necessarily mean you wouldn't get an offer... Not sure what that means vis a vis phone interviews though.

14 hours ago, Lincoln94 said:

@devpsych2020 I believe you're correct...but it looks like some applicants have been contacted for a phone interview. Not sure what that means exactly, which is what sparked my question here!

Do you want to re-ask this question in the Psychology forum's Developmental Fall 2020 thread? Maybe some others will chime in with pieces of news they've heard or the result poster will see it and respond?

56 minutes ago, devpsych2020 said:

Do you want to re-ask this question in the Psychology forum's Developmental Fall 2020 thread? Maybe some others will chime in with pieces of news they've heard or the result poster will see it and respond?

Done! Thanks for the suggestion - new to this website :)