IR Applications 2020

marthajones

Dear friends, make some noise! 

Personally, my anxiety has gone through the roof, I figured communication with other people going through this process could be helpful.

I have applied to ten PhD programs, both American (8) and Canadian (2). Currently, I am at my last Master's year and my research focuses on Post-Soviet Russia.

What about you?

I applied to 14 programs (15, actually, but Duke has opted to not admit students this cycle), all in the US. I'm currently working on my MA in Russian Studies. My thesis examines the consequences of land reform for regime stability in post-Soviet Central Asia. 

Edited by uchenyy

I applied to 5 programs in the US. Currently, I am working on my MA dissertation about international recognition and conflict resolution in the Middle East. My MA degree is Global Diplomacy from a UK institution.

1 hour ago, Dwar said:

I applied to six PhD programs, all in the US. My focus is on security studies. 

What parts of security studies are you mostly interested?

I have applied to couple programs in peace studies as well.

On 1/15/2020 at 9:10 AM, harshz3792 said:

Did anyone else get an interview request from Wisconsin for IR subfield?

I got mine on Tuesday, interviewed on Wednesday. Good luck!

On 1/18/2020 at 11:46 AM, adidas said:

I applied to 13 schools, 12 Americans and 1 UK. IR focus is on international organizations, cooperation, political economy. 

Did you get some more interviews from other universities? I applied for 11 and I share the focus of IPE and IOs.

10 hours ago, peperin said:

Did you get some more interviews from other universities? I applied for 11 and I share the focus of IPE and IOs.

Just got one today from UW