Did U Chicago send out the possible interview request email to all English PhD applicants?

poetryislit

Question

I just got an email from them requesting to know my availability for a skype interview, but also stating that they won’t interview everyone this email was sent to. I’m wondering if they sent this to all applicants or just a handful—what does this mean? 

Edited by anglolatinkat

2 answers to this question

I think this means you made the longlist but not necessarily the shortlist(?) I applied but didn't get the doodle email. A friend of mine in the program said the longlist is informed of a poll and potential interview then the shortlist is interviewed. But stay tuned you might still here! Good luck.

4 hours ago, Jon Hoel said:

I think this means you made the longlist but not necessarily the shortlist(?) I applied but didn't get the doodle email. A friend of mine in the program said the longlist is informed of a poll and potential interview then the shortlist is interviewed. But stay tuned you might still here! Good luck.

Thank you!