University of Denver MSW 2020

Liza123

29 minutes ago, Liza123 said:

God I hope so. ? The anxiety is truly mentally exhausting at this point. I'm quite grateful that tomorrow I'll be at my internship from 8:30-4:30, and while I will have access to my email (and be regularly checking it because duh), I'll be kept busy. 

Now, if decisions are not released on Saturday...who's gonna be the one to call Monday? ? I feel like their office will be SLAMMED with calls if they don't release by the deadline - which to me, is fair, because if we have to follow a deadline, they should as well. (And honestly, depending on what time I get off my internship...I may call myself).

a lot of variables can affect when schools  release decisions - staffing levels, # of applications received, and quality of applicants in the early and regular decision rounds. Don’t stress out if the decision comes after Feb 1! Personally, I’m crossing my fingers for good news on Friday morning. 

1 minute ago, egmartinez said:

I feel like Jennifer Love Hewitt at the end of “I Know What You Did Last Summer” (a dated reference, I know - most of you were probably babies when the movie came out!). 

lols but for real though

Just now, egmartinez said:

I’m curious, does everyone’s application status portal still look the same, ie just says “complete” without any other changes? 

That’s how mine has sat since I submitted

5 hours ago, egmartinez said:

Well, don’t hold your breath! The admissions office told me that everyone will get their decisions tomorrow, Saturday, including those that applied by the Jan 15 deadline. 

Yeah I finally gave in and called earlier today. Was told the same thing - although I didn't realize the admissions people had been changing the date around (that's what the lady I spoke to said). She wasn't sure about what time, but honestly I have a feeling it'll be early morning. Here's to waking up to good news!

You know, the lady I talked to yesterday did make a comment that we would hear back either today or on the 3rd. But then she sounded so sure about today that I didn't think much of it? I didn't even think admissions people would be working on a weekend...

Admissions staff — at least undergraduate admissions staff at highly selective schools — work 12-hour days, 6-7 days a week during “reading season”. I wasn’t surprised about a Saturday release, but given the time (3:12 pm in Denver), I won’t be surprised if emails go out on Monday. Oh well. 

Just now, ara275 said:

I’ve been cleaning all day and just went out to get my nails done. I’ve been trying to not pay attention to my phone but I’m running out of things to do to keep busy.

Same. I've been to the gym, I took a nap, I just walked to the grocery store to pick up medication, all in an attempt to keep busy. Fortunately, a friend invited me to her org's event tonight so that should keep my mind off the fact that we'll be hearing back Monday (considering the time).