University of Denver MSW 2020

Liza123

1 hour ago, Liza123 said:

Same. I've been to the gym, I took a nap, I just walked to the grocery store to pick up medication, all in an attempt to keep busy. Fortunately, a friend invited me to her org's event tonight so that should keep my mind off the fact that we'll be hearing back Monday (considering the time). 

Have fun at the event! 

On 1/28/2020 at 2:29 PM, ghklig said:

Thanks and likewise! Are you in the Denver/Colorado area? I just moved to Denver after spending the last 8 years mostly overseas with a UN agency. Turns out having a career abroad is not compatible with being married and having a spouse who had to remain in the US. 

I paid a visit to DU’s school and had an extremely positive meeting with one of their student ambassadors. It seems like the social work school has a lot of great resources—they even have a classroom set up with one-way windows so you can practice your interpersonal and clinical skills while the rest of the class watches. I’ve never seen a classroom like that before!

I go to DU and have never seen or heard about a class using that room. The classroom it's in is the absolute worst pain in the butt classroom. DU is a great program if you make it what you want, and I am so grateful for all the opportunities it gave me, but that room isn't one of them. ? Just felt I had the responsibility to be honest about that room.

Best of luck to everyone!

Just now, davenportaj12 said:

I just called the office and the admissions lady said there was a holdup with the system on the 1st, but she assumed decisions would have gone out by now. Her supervisor should be in the office in the next few hours and she is going to figure out what’s going on then. 

AHHHHHH

12 minutes ago, davenportaj12 said:

I just called the office and the admissions lady said there was a holdup with the system on the 1st, but she assumed decisions would have gone out by now. Her supervisor should be in the office in the next few hours and she is going to figure out what’s going on then. 

Just now, davenportaj12 said:

update: they will definitely be out by the end of the day today 

Brb dying 

34 minutes ago, davenportaj12 said:

this is so wack lowkey

14 minutes ago, ara275 said:

Internship will be interesting today while I'm checking my phone every two minutes.

Right?? My gmail tab is open and when my supervisor asked what schools I'm waiting to hear back from, I told her about the situation and how every time I get a notification I freak out. ?

Denver is overall my top choice because of the dual master program I applied to, and the location and cost in comparison to other schools. Commuting from Aurora everyday would be well welcomed compared to a subway from NJ to NYC. I kind of pushed off my nerves over this decision in an attempt to keep myself sane but I feel like I'm just shaking now. 

9 minutes ago, ara275 said:

What's the latest we think we can wait today before assuming acceptance emails aren't being sent out?

i'm hawkeyeing my email until 6 pm mountain time before i give up until tomorrow :D?

2 minutes ago, Liza123 said:

My portal looks different...anyone else? And from the way it looks, I think I was rejected... ?

Mine looks different too. It’s pretty barren. I’d say don’t worry until anything is said. 

1 minute ago, Liza123 said:

My portal looks different...anyone else? And from the way it looks, I think I was rejected... ?

My checklist went away, but it doesn't say whether a decision was made.