MIT EECS 2020

Phdrive

8 hours ago, aphdg said:

Is there any late acceptance after this point? Or only there's a chance to be wait-listed? 

Emailed a professor there I had a class with. Just a chance to get wait-listed at this point :( 

I spoke to the graduate admissions coordinator and she told me that the program received about 4000+ applications this year and that the faculty is still going through some applications. I'm not sure if this is entirely true, or the only decisions left are "waitlist" and "rejects". Although unlikely that more acceptances are going out, I just wanted to share the news with you'll. Good luck! 

8 hours ago, vjysd said:

I spoke to the graduate admissions coordinator and she told me that the program received about 4000+ applications this year and that the faculty is still going through some applications. I'm not sure if this is entirely true, or the only decisions left are "waitlist" and "rejects". Although unlikely that more acceptances are going out, I just wanted to share the news with you'll. Good luck! 

Thank you for your sharing but I wonder what her name is!

37 minutes ago, MITEECS said:

Thank you for your sharing but I wonder what her name is!

Lol I didnt really get a chance to ask. I was speaking over the phone and she just mentioned that the process in still ongoing. 

17 hours ago, vjysd said:

Lol I didnt really get a chance to ask. I was speaking over the phone and she just mentioned that the process in still ongoing. 

Thanks. it seems that sent rejection mails by Mrach for some reasons.. I have not seen many of those who accepted later than Feb. still wonder why they has to send the rejection mails laters. I guess in case many of those who accepted not going to get in? but that also does not make sense since MIT is literally a top grad. school.

39 minutes ago, MITEECS said:

I heard from POI that the decision is done. I do not know the reasons they sent rejection email on March

I've seen on a Reddit thread that fellowship award decisions were happening before next Monday. Can we hope any admission decision next week ?

8 hours ago, somestuff said:

I've seen on a Reddit thread that fellowship award decisions were happening before next Monday. Can we hope any admission decision next week ?

I heard from POI that the Admission Committee's decision is done. So we have to move on.

Area of Interest: Robotics

Application Submitted Date: 13th Dec. 2019

Application Completed Date: 15th Dec. 2019 (including Recommendation Letters)

Interview Date: N/A

Waitlisted: N/A

Decision: Awaiting

"Who can say where the road goes
Where the day flows, only time," Enya. ?

Edited by rA9

7 hours ago, rA9 said:

Area of Interest: Robotics

Application Submitted Date: 13th Dec. 2019

Application Completed Date: 15th Dec. 2019 (including Recommendation Letters)

Interview Date: N/A

Waitlisted: N/A

Decision: Awaiting

"Who can say where the road goes
Where the day flows, only time," Enya. ?

So did you get a waitlist mail?

Hi guys, I got into MIT EECS, and received my official admission letter already. Congratulations on those also receiving the admissions! May I ask if you can see your funding already? 

To others still waiting: Don't lose hopes! I have friends in previous years not getting the admissions right in the 1st wave. I don't know if they do send waitlist emails.

38 minutes ago, gradstudent0809 said:

Hi guys, I got into MIT EECS, and received my official admission letter already. Congratulations on those also receiving the admissions! May I ask if you can see your funding already? 

To others still waiting: Don't lose hopes! I have friends in previous years not getting the admissions right in the 1st wave. I don't know if they do send waitlist emails.

Congratulation. Can you share your POI initial??

7 hours ago, gradstudent0809 said:

Congratulations! Had you received the email in the first wave last week? 

Edited by somestuff