MIT EECS 2020

Phdrive

7 hours ago, gradstudent0809 said:

Hi guys, I got into MIT EECS, and received my official admission letter already. Congratulations on those also receiving the admissions! May I ask if you can see your funding already? 

To others still waiting: Don't lose hopes! I have friends in previous years not getting the admissions right in the 1st wave. I don't know if they do send waitlist emails.

Congratulations..

38 minutes ago, gradstudent0809 said:

Yes, I got the admission in the 1st wave already.. Good luck to you, guys! 

Thanks bro. We can keep hoping but at this point, I'm not sure it is relevant. Even if they do admit people in the second wave, it will probably apply to a very small batch of people, not all the thousands of people who did not receive admission in the first wave. 

42 minutes ago, somestuff said:

I contacted them and they said the admissions committee was still making decisions.

Also new emails about acceptance and a first batch of waitlist emails seem to be issued right

Thank you for sharing information. Did you also get the waitlist email? If so, can you share what they said in it?

3 hours ago, MITEECS said:

Thank you for sharing information. Did you also get the waitlist email? If so, can you share what they said in it?

just saw the email contents from the result page and I guess I unofficially got rejected (but officially at the same time)

I haven't receive any emails from MIT yet as well. I hope it is possible to get admitted without being waitlisted; it might be all depends on professors/POIs' decision. Fingers crossed. There's always a hope. I will respect their final decision no matter what's the outcome.

Good luck, everyone!

Edited by rA9

• 2 weeks later...