MIT EECS 2020

Phdrive

Apparently someone got an acceptance according to the survey today. Checking my email every 10 seconds...

Where did you see students getting acceptances from their POI's?

Edited by mzwang

2 hours ago, mzwang said:

Apparently someone got an acceptance according to the survey today. Checking my email every 10 seconds...

Where did you see students getting acceptances from their POI's?

I highly doubt this is official. As far as past years are concerned, they send out admits during the week after Grad round up meetings. These meetings were schedule on 29, 30, and 31st Jan this year. Hopefully, we will hear next week.

On 1/31/2020 at 2:06 PM, vjysd said:

I highly doubt this is official. As far as past years are concerned, they send out admits during the week after Grad round up meetings. These meetings were schedule on 29, 30, and 31st Jan this year. Hopefully, we will hear next week.

Yeah, you're right - looks like it was a hoax. I'm applying to EECS for AI/ML. Hopefully this week, hate this suspense lol

25 minutes ago, Phdrive said:

This is posted much earlier today. I assumed that he "knew" about it from his PI. 

Yeah...

According to last year's results page, the whole bunch of acceptance letters came at the same time for both computer science and electrical engineering.

1 hour ago, MITEECS said:

what do you mean by saying it is not an email? Did you get an acceptance on your application website?

The person who posted "reject" said "others"(not "via email").

Edited by Onepob