2020 MFA Acting Thread!

Bucky Waters

On 3/17/2020 at 4:20 PM, robertayala said:

Waiting on a positive response from Indiana University - Acting MFA. Hopefully we all hear something soon. Best of luck to everyone!! To all the people shooting for Brown, sounds intense!! Best of luck and patience during this time!

Also, just saw that someone was accepted to Indiana University on the results page. Hoping that was you! If not, perhaps it means that decisions are coming soon!

2 hours ago, Bucky Waters said:

Also, just saw that someone was accepted to Indiana University on the results page. Hoping that was you! If not, perhaps it means that decisions are coming soon!

That was me! Hahaha. But I appreciate the lookin' out! :)

2 hours ago, Bucky Waters said:

Aww, yeah. That's how this one felt. It was a two-hander (Matt & Ben), and my comedic compatriot and I had our chemistry down pat. Plus, who knew that I was born to play Matt Damon? Ha! Anyway, it's been especially painful to let it go.

Here's hoping your friend gets another opportunity to rock that role! And maybe it'll come in an even bigger, better package. :)

She will, she's like brilliantly talented and stuff

That sounds amazing and I'm sure you would have rocked it. Here's to you having another great opportunity as well! (Apologies to Matt Damon for not being able to see someone play him.)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All - Hope everyone is safe and healthy! Has anyone heard back from LAMDA yet? I thought it was a done deal - rejection - for me since I hadn't heard anything, but received an email yesterday saying "Thanks for attending our US auditions. We are pleased to inform you that we are considering you for a place on our MFA Professional Acting course". The email goes on to ask for an additional self-tape for consideration - it says another email with instructions will follow within two weeks. Anyone else have a similar experience? I didn't know LAMDA had a second portion to the process? Was already admitted to Royal Central School of Speech and Drama - so super stoked! RCSSD and LAMDA are my top schools, so this is pretty awesome. Hoping for the best!

I only applied to 3 schools. LAMDA, USD, and the ACA. I’m still awaiting word from LAMDA and USD (although USD did send me an email a few days ago saying that COVID has delayed their process, but I’m still being considered, so that’s nice). I got accepted to the ACA a few weeks ago, but I don’t want to decide until I have all the information.

Edited by AKactor

On 3/31/2020 at 6:34 PM, AKactor said:

I only applied to 3 schools. LAMDA, USD, and the ACA. I’m still awaiting word from LAMDA and USD (although USD did send me an email a few days ago saying that COVID has delayed their process, but I’m still being considered, so that’s nice). I got accepted to the ACA a few weeks ago, but I don’t want to decide until I have all the information.

In the same boat re: USD. What's the deadline to accept the ACA offer? April 15th? I'm thinking you'll at least hear back from LAMDA by then!

59 minutes ago, Bucky Waters said:

In the same boat re: USD. What's the deadline to accept the ACA offer? April 15th? I'm thinking you'll at least hear back from LAMDA by then!

The acceptance deadline was actually a few days ago, but they sent another email extending it because of COVID. No end date given, but I’m sure they’ll give us one soon. USD is my dream school, but I have to be rational and understand that they only take 7, so chances are slim. Wishing you the best of luck!

• 2 months later...