2020 MFA Acting Thread!

Bucky Waters

4 hours ago, MNS1996 said:

I heard from UCSD last Wednesday Feb 12 and heard from ACT two weeks ago on Feb 4!

Congrats on your callbacks!! Sending you all of the positive vibes. :) When are they happening? I know a lot of the callbacks seem to overlap with each other.

8 hours ago, Jmyles17 said:

I still haven’t heard anything either way. When was your audition date?

It was January 24th (NY), and I went through all rounds of callbacks through end-of-day. Their final callback weekend is March 7-9 (the weekend after next).

11 hours ago, Bucky Waters said:

It was January 24th (NY), and I went through all rounds of callbacks through end-of-day. Their final callback weekend is March 7-9 (the weekend after next).

Okay got ya. I auditioned on the 18th (NY) and haven’t heard anything. I also made it through end of day. So I’m just a sitting duck at the moment 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, shecutetho said:

Officially rejected from Yale✌️! although I did not make it to the end of the day. But looks like maybe they are making some decisions!

Me too! Ha... I knew it was coming, but still. :) Who are you still waiting to hear from? Besides Brown waitlist (and congrats on that)?

1 hour ago, shecutetho said:

Just Brown! I only auditioned for Juilliard, Yale and Brown and the other 2 didnt pan out. You?

Waiting on LAMDA and USD (plus waitlisted at DePaul). I swear, I jump every time the phone rings. But nope! It's always spam. ? 

34 minutes ago, shecutetho said:

@Bucky Waters What do your new callbacks look like? Skype?

I'm not sure. There hasn't been any new info since the initial email.

In the meantime, I had all performances for one show cancelled (we were supposed to open next weekend), and rehearsals for a subsequent show indefinitely postponed. At least it's not just us twiddling our thumbs and waiting by the phone--it seems like the whole world is waiting right now!

Bucky, sorry about your show cancellation. That's terribly sad. Hoping you receive some amazing news to lift up that down.

A few friends of mine will also be graduating without performing in their final show - one of them was the lead role in a show that was practically built for her and she would have killed it. She's broken about it. Anyway. Be well! Wash your hands!

1 hour ago, robertayala said:

Bucky, sorry about your show cancellation. That's terribly sad. Hoping you receive some amazing news to lift up that down.

A few friends of mine will also be graduating without performing in their final show - one of them was the lead role in a show that was practically built for her and she would have killed it. She's broken about it. Anyway. Be well! Wash your hands!

Aww, yeah. That's how this one felt. It was a two-hander (Matt & Ben), and my comedic compatriot and I had our chemistry down pat. Plus, who knew that I was born to play Matt Damon? Ha! Anyway, it's been especially painful to let it go.

Here's hoping your friend gets another opportunity to rock that role! And maybe it'll come in an even bigger, better package. :)