Any recommendation on books or articles to read in preparation for graduate school?

Bryan2020

I've started reading a book called "Getting What You Came For" by Robert L. Peters, which is recommended by my school for incoming graduate students. Though the book was written in the late 90s,  I found it pretty interesting and still relevant to what happens today. Are there other books that you can recommend for incoming graduate students, especially for those in STEM? 

Highly recommend these books!

Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World - by Cal Newport

Thinking, Fast and Slow - by Daniel Kahneman

Hackers: Heroes of the Computer Revolution - by Steven Levy

The Bullet Journal Method: Track the Past, Order the Present, Design the Future - By Carrol, Ryder

Can't Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odd - By Goggins, David

The Elements of Computing Systems: Building a Modern Computer from First Principles - By Nisan, Noam, Shimon Schocken

Code: The Hidden Language of Computer Hardware and Software - By Petzold, Charles

Thank you so much. I will check them out. The first one sounds like something I need to read. Did that book help you personally?

Edited by Pengsoo
addition

6 hours ago, Pengsoo said:

Thank you so much. I will check them out. The first one sounds like something I need to read. Did that book help you personally?

Deep work was one of the most influential books I read from last year. It really helped me cut out many distractions and focus on task in hand, my interaction with social media changed drastically after reading the book.

8 hours ago, Gatech_ST said:

Deep work was one of the most influential books I read from last year. It really helped me cut out many distractions and focus on task in hand, my interaction with social media changed drastically after reading the book.

Thanks for the reply. I took a look at the introduction and ordered the book. 

Another book that is not quite about starting your life at the grad school, but will definitely help you in your research is -- they say, i say
The book is about the importance of knowing the prior literature in your field, and how to connect your work with the existing work. It offers specific tips and examples on how to engage with the references and citations while writing research papers and other articles.