UCLA GSEIS

sunflower1717

22 minutes ago, sunflower1717 said:

Has anyone heard back from any programs within UCLA GSEIS? I applied to the Urban Schooling PhD but haven't heard anything about interviews or decisions. 

Hi! I applied to the Urban Schooling program, as well. I had two phone interviews with professors from the program a few weeks ago, but I haven't heard anything since. 

I applied to the Social Research Methodology Ph.D. at GSEIS. I had an interview via zoom with two professors in January. 

Hopefully, we will hear back this week (can't handle more anxiety ?).

Best of luck to everybody!

I applied to HDP.  I heard from admissions that if you haven’t been called for an interview, generally it’s a no.  All official notifications will be going out soon.  This was on Feb 11.

I knew I was out once I found out my POI was leaving—we talked about it in Jan—so I’m just waiting for the official no!  

Edited by Grmg2020

Hi everybody!

I received an email from my POI like an hour ago with good news. He said the official letter will be sent tomorrow or the next day after tomorrow. I'm not sure if it applies to all other programs (I applied to SRM), but hopefully we will all know by the end of this week. 

Best of luck!

EDIT: Just received official letter two hours after email from POI.

Edited by dudeinspace

On 2/14/2020 at 3:52 PM, waitingforucla said:

I applied to SSCE. Apparently my department doesn't interview candidates - so I haven't heard anything either. Anxiously waiting, since decisions were released around this time last year. Goodluck! 

Somebody on the results page posted about receiving an SSCE admission email yesterday.

On 2/19/2020 at 8:10 AM, dudeinspace said:

Hi everybody!

I received an email from my POI like an hour ago with good news. He said the official letter will be sent tomorrow or the next day after tomorrow. I'm not sure if it applies to all other programs (I applied to SRM), but hopefully we will all know by the end of this week. 

Best of luck!

EDIT: Just received official letter two hours after email from POI.

Could you please let me know the initials of your POI? Did you get any words on funding?

Edited by shibadog

On 2/14/2020 at 3:52 PM, waitingforucla said:

I applied to SSCE. Apparently my department doesn't interview candidates - so I haven't heard anything either. Anxiously waiting, since decisions were released around this time last year. Goodluck! 

Have you received a response yet? 

Or anybody else that applied to SSCE?

On 3/4/2020 at 10:21 AM, sunflower1717 said:

I applied to urban schooling PhD and haven't heard anything yet. While I'm sure I'm waiting on a rejection (someone posted an acceptance on the results page a couple of weeks ago), I wish they'd let us know!

It's a bummer that programs keep folks waiting. I was accepted to the Urban Schooling program and they have an admit day on March 16th, so I imagine all acceptances have been sent out. Sorry to the bearer of bad news, but I know how painful the waiting game is. Has anyone heard anything from UC Berkeley?

15 hours ago, eduk8 said:

It's a bummer that programs keep folks waiting. I was accepted to the Urban Schooling program and they have an admit day on March 16th, so I imagine all acceptances have been sent out. Sorry to the bearer of bad news, but I know how painful the waiting game is. Has anyone heard anything from UC Berkeley?

Congratulations on your acceptance! And, no worries re: the bearer of bad news, I was already working off that assumption. I just wish they would go ahead and send out the rejections. I suspect schools that draw the process out might have an internal waiting list and are waiting for admitted students to accept their offers. 

A few people posted acceptances to Berkeley on the results page in early February, but no one has posted any rejections yet. 

17 hours ago, sunflower1717 said:

Congratulations on your acceptance! And, no worries re: the bearer of bad news, I was already working off that assumption. I just wish they would go ahead and send out the rejections. I suspect schools that draw the process out might have an internal waiting list and are waiting for admitted students to accept their offers. 

A few people posted acceptances to Berkeley on the results page in early February, but no one has posted any rejections yet. 

I just checked my portal and found a rejection letter, dated yesterday; I didn't get an email notification of anything, so your status might have been updated as well. 

It's unfortunate to get a rejection, but I'm also glad that I can now move ahead with my #2 option; I feel relieved that it's settled and I can finally accept and start getting myself organized in that direction! 

Good luck to you with your other applications as well.