MIT IDM Fall 2020

yclyoyo

Hey, I've applied for the MIT IDM fall 2020 in business category as well. They started reviewing the applications post mid February. I guess we could expect the interviews by mid march I guess. I hope we keep each other posted on the interview calls.

On 3/12/2020 at 10:16 AM, Katika said:

Anyone got any update? 

Nothing yet. It's kinda interesting to see empty results survey as of Mar 17, 2020. Based on previous years' data people usually add interviews quickly after they receive them. I guess the COVID-19 is causing the delay?

Edited by vanillasky2

On 3/17/2020 at 6:47 PM, vanillasky2 said:

Nothing yet. It's kinda interesting to see empty results survey as of Mar 17, 2020. Based on previous years' data people usually add interviews quickly after they receive them. I guess the COVID-19 is causing the delay?

I wonder if they delay final decisions too - would it be enough time for international students to get their visas etc... or actually in this new Corona world - most embassies are not even processing visas. what would that mean for all of us? 

21 hours ago, Katika said:

I wonder if they delay final decisions too - would it be enough time for international students to get their visas etc... or actually in this new Corona world - most embassies are not even processing visas. what would that mean for all of us? 

Since the whole nation is currently WFH (working from home), I am assuming the process will be slightly delayed but probably not too much thanks to Zoom, Slack, Google meet etc. The visa concern you brought is valid. It takes 1-2 months for an international student to schedule and interview for an F-1 visa. The time frame can easily stretch to 3-4 months due to lack of interview slot at a busy consular/embassy, and administrative processing (i.e. "check") by the department of state. Considering there is a portion of F-1 international students in every cohort, I think Matt will keep the admission criteria unchanged, and expand the wait list in case candidates can't make their ways to the US. It means more hope for some candidates, and more waiting for some candidates. Some local candidates in the wait list may get notification even in the summer. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by vanillasky2