NOVA Southeastern SLP CA Cohort Summer 2020

Granted I didn't interview at this school, but I just wanted to say that I think it's pretty normal to think it went worse than it actually did. You don't know what the other interviews were like or what the faculty got out of talking with you. I thought my interview was less than stellar with one of the schools I applied to and I ended up getting accepted. Waiting for results is exhausting and it's easy to get tied up in knots when things feel so uncertain. Deep breaths. :)

On 2/23/2020 at 8:08 AM, lmelly16 said:

I just had my interview yesterday. I was advised that decisions were being made Monday and we should know within one/two weeks from then. Good luck!! I'm also hoping to get into the summer CA cohort 2020.

I'm so nervous! Do you know how many people they accept into the cohorts? I forgot to ask during my interview. Good luck to you too!

On 2/27/2020 at 8:16 PM, BenC26 said:

I'm so nervous! Do you know how many people they accept into the cohorts? I forgot to ask during my interview. Good luck to you too!

Any word yet? I was told last Tuesday that I would hear very soon.... not sure what "very soon" means.

2 hours ago, lmelly16 said:

Any word yet? I was told last Tuesday that I would hear very soon.... not sure what "very soon" means.

They emailed me on Friday because they were unable to download my personal essays from CSDCAS, but I haven't heard anything since. 

15 hours ago, BenC26 said:

They emailed me on Friday because they were unable to download my personal essays from CSDCAS, but I haven't heard anything since. 

Interesting! I was missing a prerequisite and they called me before I even had an interview set up and asked if I would take the class so I am signed up to start in a couple weeks for an 8 week course. I really want to email them again but don't want to bug. Do you plan on reaching out to them?

4 hours ago, lmelly16 said:

Interesting! I was missing a prerequisite and they called me before I even had an interview set up and asked if I would take the class so I am signed up to start in a couple weeks for an 8 week course. I really want to email them again but don't want to bug. Do you plan on reaching out to them?

Hi! I had the same thing happen to me. I emailed them a little over a week ago letting them know I was registered for the course I needed but I haven’t heard back at all. Not even for an interview, so I’m not sure what’s happening :/ 

1 hour ago, lmelly16 said:

Any updates? I'm still anxiously waiting news.

I just got an email today for an interview next Tuesday. So maybe they are waiting until all interviews are done? 

Hi guys!

I also have news! I got an email today asking for an interview. The interview will be over the phone (30min) with a grad student. Does anyone have any tips?

My advisor did say they still had spots available. Im thinking like @kryystaalp that they are waiting for everyone to interview before they make a decision. 

Edited by speechie264

1 hour ago, speechie264 said:

Hi guys!

I also have news! I got an email today asking for an interview. The interview will be over the phone (30min) with a grad student. Does anyone have any tips?

My advisor did say they still had spots available. Im thinking like @kryystaalp that they are waiting for everyone to interview before they make a decision. 

Congrats on your interview! My interview was only about 15 maybe 20 minutes.  I was extremely nervous during my interview. So my tips would be to take a breath before answering and to be yourself. 

16 hours ago, speechie264 said:

Hi guys!

When is your interview? Mine was with a former grad student and lasted about a half hour. I prepared like I would for any job interview. I went over common interview questions and practiced speaking possible answers :) Good Luck! 

7 hours ago, lmelly16 said:

When is your interview? Mine was with a former grad student and lasted about a half hour. I prepared like I would for any job interview. I went over common interview questions and practiced speaking possible answers :) Good Luck! 

My interview is on Sunday. I will prepare for sure!

Does anyone know when the tuition is due for ENMU? I plan on paying once I get my paycheck.