Princeton WWS Fall 2020

polapp20

Thanks @polapp20 for starting this. It's difficult not to return to gradcafe often in hope that someone has got some communication from schools they applied to. The process is excruciatingly long especially after you are free after having applied to all programs and have nothing to look forward to, except results. WWS blog hardly updates unlike HKS which has a new post almost everyday. I was just wondering if anyone received any communication from WWS for any document shortfall or any trivial update. Have this feeling they hardly communicate and are very professional unlike others which are communicative.

@Haber I haven't heard anything either. Its really annoying. Weirdly the forums on here for the different schools are weirdly quiet as well. Which other schools have you applied to/heard from if you dont mind me asking ? Fingers crossed we hear back soon but I dont think its gonna be before March 12th. 

On 2/20/2020 at 10:57 AM, polapp20 said:

@Haber I haven't heard anything either. Its really annoying. Weirdly the forums on here for the different schools are weirdly quiet as well. Which other schools have you applied to/heard from if you dont mind me asking ? Fingers crossed we hear back soon but I dont think its gonna be before March 12th. 

I have applied for WWS MPA, HKS  MC/ MPA, SIPA MPA (Jan 5 deadline), Harris MPP (Jan 23 deadline) and Blavatnik MPP.  So keeping my fingers crossed, eagerly waiting for results and fellowship notifications. Harris is due next week, I believe. All the best to you and everyone waiting out there.

Hello! A little late to the forum, but was wondering if there were any other Rangel/Pickering/Payne Fellows that have applied to WWS this coming cycle? Always curious as to what kind of schools we all applied to, as well as where we will ultimately end up! Good luck to everyone!

Hi everyone.

I have applied to WWS, HKS, SIPA and Ford School-UMichigan. Usually, WWS sends informal email to accepted candidates couple of days before their official announcement which coincides with HKS results day. Going by previous trends, HKS is supposedly announcing result on 12th March-> WWS official result also on 12th March-> Informal acceptance email on 10th March. 

See how anxious I am!! 

On 3/2/2020 at 3:36 AM, spnfiim said:

Hi everyone.

I have applied to WWS, HKS, SIPA and Ford School-UMichigan. Usually, WWS sends informal email to accepted candidates couple of days before their official announcement which coincides with HKS results day. Going by previous trends, HKS is supposedly announcing result on 12th March-> WWS official result also on 12th March-> Informal acceptance email on 10th March. 

See how anxious I am!! 

PS thank you for all of this leg work on the date analysis... was thinking of doing the same. Now all we need is the actual TIME that people heard those days lol...

9 hours ago, amr2020 said:

PS thank you for all of this leg work on the date analysis... was thinking of doing the same. Now all we need is the actual TIME that people heard those days lol...

According last year’s thread, it seems like they sent the informal decisions out on March 13th (Wednesday) around 5:30pm EST.

6 hours ago, HopefulMPA said:

I didn’t get an email today; so if no one else did... maybe tomorrow? They have sent the informal acceptances on Wednesday the past two years... (or they did send emails today, and I got a de facto rejection haha)

Haven't gotten anything either. Yeah either they're sending them out tomorrow OR I'm rejected lol. 

2 minutes ago, Policy_Applicant2020 said:

Don't think there is a point. They already said 15th March, no? Should be today or tomorrow. ?

Covid-19 has just thrown people off. I am sure the AdComs are also grappling with dealing with a pandemic on a personal and professional level! 

The last (only?) thing they said in the blog was "Official admissions decisions will arrive on or around March 15." Aka we're in for up to 3 more days of constantly refreshing our email and grad cafe......