Florida State University - What are your thoughts?

kaze_ng

Hey guys,

So I'm just curious about what you guys think about FSU's poli sci department? I tried to look for information about the department on PSR, but that place is not, uh, very nice. So if you can let me know what are your thoughts about the program, that would be great!

17 hours ago, kaze_ng said:

Hey guys,

So I'm just curious about what you guys think about FSU's poli sci department? I tried to look for information about the department on PSR, but that place is not, uh, very nice. So if you can let me know what are your thoughts about the program, that would be great!

it's fine.... depends on what you're into. i'd just be sure the prof(s) you want to work with is/are planning to stick around before you commit

19 hours ago, kaze_ng said:

Hey guys,

I've heard that there's an emphasis on quantitative research there.

• 11 months later...
On 2/20/2020 at 6:42 AM, e2e4 said:

it's fine.... depends on what you're into. i'd just be sure the prof(s) you want to work with is/are planning to stick around before you commit

are you saying this as general advice or do they lose a lot of professors at FSU?

On 2/19/2020 at 3:25 PM, kaze_ng said:

Hey guys,

As a back-up sure, but it shouldn't be in your top 5 choices if you know what I mean. I was advised to not even apply there by professors. 

18 minutes ago, Crossed_fingers said:

Are you willing to share what reasons they gave?

Tbh they didn’t go into details, merely mentioned placement history, not much prestige etc. I was never considering it myself so they didn’t feel the need to explain bar saying don’t apply anyway.