FRQSC 2020

ashna82

2 hours ago, SNH said:

Nice!!! That is great. I just got mine too. I was ranked 4 out of 19 in -( Pédagogie / Formation / Systèmes d'éducation)

I wonder what the cut of was though. Is it possible to tell from the letter somehow?

Compétences (50) : 40,17 

Projet de recherche (50) : 45,83 

Total : 86,00 % 

Congratulations! 

4 hours ago, lleto said:

Political Science, I think it was committee 6. I don't remember. It's somewhat expected as I changed my major in second year from political science to education and then September, I went back to political science with my original supervisor (and not a clear plan on what I was doing).  My supervisor said my proposal was definitely strong, but I also think that the switching back and forth has affected the relevant experience since I had a year away from political science.  Experience was my lower score. However, this was my highest ranking so far!

I see. That could be one possible reason. It is often hard to trace and find the exact decision making process. My friend in his second attempt last year got a very low rank with more or less the same application which was in fact better than the first year. However, in his first attempt he was ranked 5 and only one below the award limit. You have another year to finesse your application and package your experience section in way that for them does not seem inconsistent. Keep your spirit high. 

Edited by nomadartist

4 hours ago, McGillDCL said:

My letter is out, got rejected. Oh well, aha.

Im really sorry. When I get rejections my world kind of shrinkS and I see it smaller. But then I gotta shake myself and get some perspective back. There are a lot of opportunities out there and no one will get everything. Keep your spirit high.. It will come through.