FRQSC 2020

ashna82

Just now, nomadartist said:

you certainly have a committee:)) Otherwise you would have not even gone to the eligibility period! Probably you chose Education based on your profile info? 

Oh Yes. That makes sense. It was definitely education. My midnight brain isn't working well.

4 minutes ago, nomadartist said:

I am so scared to jinks it, but perhaps it is a yes..right:?:) I certainly hope so. I think it is, I am not going to believe it for a while perhaps. it will take time to fully digest and take in. 

I really think it means yes since we were given the breakdown and the years, there is also a question that says do you accept the conditions of this offer? or the english translations says that, so I'm sure we got it. Congratulations!

7 hours ago, SNH said:

I think there are delays in general because the Repertoire also says that they will publish the results later and go to your FRQNet Portal for results. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 9.03.27 AM.png

Just now, Clinpsyc01 said:

It definitely seems they’re uploading things gradually. I got the award but my profile didn’t change until this morning, even though some people seemed to find out at midnight or overnight 

Do you have access to the letter? 

I have no information except from "gérer mon financement". 

Just now, rimbaldienne said:

Do you have access to the letter? 

I have no information except from "gérer mon financement". 

No letter yet. I don’t think I got a letter until late afternoon last year when I applied.

It’s making me nervous haha like maybe it’s actually an administrative error or something 

Just now, Clinpsyc01 said:

No letter yet. I don’t think I got a letter until late afternoon last year when I applied.

It’s making me nervous haha like maybe it’s actually an administrative error or something 

Late afternoon last year for a letter that you didn't get it? (Im assuming since you re-applied this year)

Just now, Generic_Applicant said:

Late afternoon last year for a letter that you didn't get it? (Im assuming since you re-applied this year)

Yeah, I was rejected last year. There was no change to my profile and I eventually got an email from frqsc to check the portal around 3pm.

7 minutes ago, Generic_Applicant said:

This is so frustrating. I've been applying for years and every year it's the same thing.. :( Living on peanuts

I have applied to many grants, big and small. Nothing happened for 3 years, this year finally went through. I almost had a mental breakdown this winter. I was not even sure if is worth continuing my PhD. It is mentally and financially challenging, but do not let any of this selection processes in which one loses their sense of touch to reality get in your way and disturb you from moving forward. Next year, next applications, next projects you will only get better and you will only get to find other ways to recalibrate your projects. If we were in an egalitarian society in which research and knowledge production was deemed more valuable we would all have been less nervous when it came to a basic income and finance system to simply do research. I send you good energies, don't give up. 

11 minutes ago, Clinpsyc01 said:

It definitely seems they’re uploading things gradually. I got the award but my profile didn’t change until this morning, even though some people seemed to find out at midnight or overnight 

congratulations!  I only have the Manage you Finance section and in it there is the decision "Retenue pour financement." No letter as of now.. 

I have applied to many grants, big and small. Nothing happened for 3 years, this year finally went through. I almost had a mental breakdown this winter. I was not even sure if is worth continuing my PhD. It is mentally and financially challenging, but do not let any of this selection processes in which one loses their sense of touch to reality get in your way and disturb you from moving forward. Next year, next applications, next projects you will only get better and you will only get to find other ways to recalibrate your projects. If we were in an egalitarian society in which research and knowledge production was deemed more valuable we would all have been less nervous when it came to a basic income and finance system to simply do research. I send you good energies, don't give up. 

Thank you so much :) My applications have definitely gotten better over the years. And every year I learn what to recalibrate, like you said, a little tweak here and there. One day it'll be enough and things wont be hard financially. 

Can I ask what year of your PhD you (and others who got funded) are in? 

Just now, Generic_Applicant said:

Thank you so much :) My applications have definitely gotten better over the years. And every year I learn what to recalibrate, like you said, a little tweak here and there. One day it'll be enough and things wont be hard financially. 

Can I ask what year of your PhD you (and others who got funded) are in? 

You will get through it and it will be great at the end. I am in my third year at Concordia's Huma department and my committee was Visual Arts. 

You will get through it and it will be great at the end. I am in my third year at Concordia's Huma department and my committee was Visual Arts. 

Well that gives me hope. I'm in the first year going into second, but second year applying. Hopefully next year... 

14 minutes ago, Clinpsyc01 said:

I am quite anxious too. I barely slept and am thinking if it is an error. I have taken screen shots of the award section for future proofs, just In case:)) 

Edited by nomadartist