FRQSC 2020

ashna82

13 hours ago, ashna82 said:

Hi! Did anyone apply for the FRQSC this year? Has anyone heard back about it yet? 

I also applied, status was changed to “eligible” awhile back. It says on their website that results come out at the end of April

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

15 minutes ago, ashna82 said:

Me too. Does anyone have any info on this? 

Here is a link to a news release on scholarships and grants (although it's in French). From what I understand, the board is having a virtual meeting the second week of April to make decisions on awards from recent competitions. The news release is for researchers, so I hope that includes us!  The results for SSHRC doctoral  is proceeding as planned, so I'm trying to be optimistic that FRQSC is as well.

http://www.frqsc.gouv.qc.ca/en/espace-presse/nouvelles-et-communiques/nouvelle/message-important-bourses-et-subventions-1xbj1yer1585247768573

I also hope the Covid-19 crisis would not hinder the selection time line..It is hard to imagine waiting any longer...Who else has selected Visual Arts as their selection committee? I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy! 

On 3/28/2020 at 1:43 PM, lleto said:

Here is a link to a news release on scholarships and grants (although it's in French). From what I understand, the board is having a virtual meeting the second week of April to make decisions on awards from recent competitions. The news release is for researchers, so I hope that includes us!  The results for SSHRC doctoral  is proceeding as planned, so I'm trying to be optimistic that FRQSC is as well.

http://www.frqsc.gouv.qc.ca/en/espace-presse/nouvelles-et-communiques/nouvelle/message-important-bourses-et-subventions-1xbj1yer1585247768573

I was discussing this with a friend last night and I believe FRQSC confirmed that all the selection committees already met before this whole crisis started and they will proceed as normal. Consequently I think that, for better or for worse, we will get the news by the end of the month. As an international doctoral student with no other funding and whose paid summer plans were ruined by coronavirus I really hope this works out! ?

15 hours ago, McGillDCL said:

I was discussing this with a friend last night and I believe FRQSC confirmed that all the selection committees already met before this whole crisis started and they will proceed as normal. Consequently I think that, for better or for worse, we will get the news by the end of the month. As an international doctoral student with no other funding and whose paid summer plans were ruined by coronavirus I really hope this works out! ?

That is good to know. I had speculated that perhaps the meetings have happened before the crisis unfolded. I am also an international doctoral student, with 3 exhibitions postponed and cancelled artist's fees, thus an unprecedented financial strain for my studies. Praying for this. 

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, EnergeticBacteria said:

Waiting for FRQNT/FRQS results here, does anyone know if they usually post results at midnight? Or April 30 at a certain time?

FRQSC posted the results at midnight last year. I checked at 5 minutes after midnight on the 30th

1 hour ago, lleto said:

FRQSC posted the results at midnight last year. I checked at 5 minutes after midnight on the 30th

Thanks for the info, I assume it's the same for FRQNT/S as well so I'll prepare some caffeinated tea on Wednesday night! haha

That was on the "Resultats des concours" page? Or your FRQ portal when you log in?

Edited by EnergeticBacteria

6 minutes ago, EnergeticBacteria said:

Thanks for the info, I assume it's the same for FRQNT/S as well so I'll prepare some caffeinated tea on Wednesday night! haha

That was on the "Resultats des concours" page? Or your FRQ portal when you log in?

You will be able to access the results when you log in. Go to the 'mes formulaires' where your application is. On the right side, the last column is 'documents attaches par l'organisme'. Right now it says visualiser, but you can't click on it. When your results are ready, the visualiser will become a link leading you to your letter!

53 minutes ago, lleto said:

You will be able to access the results when you log in. Go to the 'mes formulaires' where your application is. On the right side, the last column is 'documents attaches par l'organisme'. Right now it says visualiser, but you can't click on it. When your results are ready, the visualiser will become a link leading you to your letter!

Thanks for the information! 

45 minutes ago, PsycUndergrad said:

Just a heads up that FRQSC wasn’t posted at midnight for everyone... my results were not available until like 3pm on April 30th. Could be because I didn’t get the award?

When you say "not available" do you mean it wasn't on the FRQNet portal? or you didn't get an email until 3pm?

16 minutes ago, EnergeticBacteria said:

When you say "not available" do you mean it wasn't on the FRQNet portal? or you didn't get an email until 3pm?

It wasn't on the portal until the afternoon. I remember checking all day but there was nothing there until after I got the email. 

10 minutes ago, PsycUndergrad said:

It wasn't on the portal until the afternoon. I remember checking all day but there was nothing there until after I got the email. 

That's a long time to wait. I received the email around 3pm, but the results were at midnight. (I didn't get the award either). Hopefully we won't have to wait that long next week!

Just now, lleto said:

That's a long time to wait. I received the email around 3pm, but the results were at midnight. (I didn't get the award either). Hopefully we won't have to wait that long next week!

So if one does not get the award, they will only receive the letter with their score and ranking in the email and not through the portal? I was also wondering if the status will change from being "admissible" to not eligible or it will remain the same. 

32 minutes ago, nomadartist said:

So if one does not get the award, they will only receive the letter with their score and ranking in the email and not through the portal? I was also wondering if the status will change from being "admissible" to not eligible or it will remain the same. 

No, if they are unsuccessful, they will still receive it through the portal. The email is a notification that the results are posted in the portal. The status remains the same (I just checked). The only thing that will change when the results are ready is that you will be able to click on visualiser.

3 minutes ago, lleto said:

No, if they are unsuccessful, they will still receive it through the portal. The email is a notification that the results are posted in the portal. The status remains the same (I just checked). The only thing that will change when the results are ready is that you will be able to click on visualiser.

I see, thanks so much for checking! 

Is there a waitlist for FRQSC? Especially since its announcement is often after other scholarships such as PBEEE, Vanier, SSHRC, etc. Just wondering what happens when someone in your group who has been awarded does not accept the award. 

10 minutes ago, nomadartist said:

Is there a waitlist for FRQSC? Especially since its announcement is often after other scholarships such as PBEEE, Vanier, SSHRC, etc. Just wondering what happens when someone in your group who has been awarded does not accept the award. 

Nope. I was ranked one spot below the cut-off for my group last year so I contacted FRQSC and they said they don’t have a waitlist. It sucks since a lot of recipients get SSHRC and other awards.

Edited by Clinpsyc01