Sign in to follow this  
ashna82

FRQSC 2020

13 hours ago, ashna82 said:

Hi! Did anyone apply for the FRQSC this year? Has anyone heard back about it yet? 

I also applied, status was changed to “eligible” awhile back. It says on their website that results come out at the end of April

To be honest I'm wondering whether the results won't be delayed given the Coronavirus crisis...

15 minutes ago, ashna82 said:

Me too. Does anyone have any info on this? 

Here is a link to a news release on scholarships and grants (although it's in French). From what I understand, the board is having a virtual meeting the second week of April to make decisions on awards from recent competitions. The news release is for researchers, so I hope that includes us!  The results for SSHRC doctoral  is proceeding as planned, so I'm trying to be optimistic that FRQSC is as well.

http://www.frqsc.gouv.qc.ca/en/espace-presse/nouvelles-et-communiques/nouvelle/message-important-bourses-et-subventions-1xbj1yer1585247768573

I also hope the Covid-19 crisis would not hinder the selection time line..It is hard to imagine waiting any longer...Who else has selected Visual Arts as their selection committee? I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy! 

On 3/28/2020 at 1:43 PM, lleto said:

Here is a link to a news release on scholarships and grants (although it's in French). From what I understand, the board is having a virtual meeting the second week of April to make decisions on awards from recent competitions. The news release is for researchers, so I hope that includes us!  The results for SSHRC doctoral  is proceeding as planned, so I'm trying to be optimistic that FRQSC is as well.

http://www.frqsc.gouv.qc.ca/en/espace-presse/nouvelles-et-communiques/nouvelle/message-important-bourses-et-subventions-1xbj1yer1585247768573

I was discussing this with a friend last night and I believe FRQSC confirmed that all the selection committees already met before this whole crisis started and they will proceed as normal. Consequently I think that, for better or for worse, we will get the news by the end of the month. As an international doctoral student with no other funding and whose paid summer plans were ruined by coronavirus I really hope this works out! 🙏

15 hours ago, McGillDCL said:

I was discussing this with a friend last night and I believe FRQSC confirmed that all the selection committees already met before this whole crisis started and they will proceed as normal. Consequently I think that, for better or for worse, we will get the news by the end of the month. As an international doctoral student with no other funding and whose paid summer plans were ruined by coronavirus I really hope this works out! 🙏

That is good to know. I had speculated that perhaps the meetings have happened before the crisis unfolded. I am also an international doctoral student, with 3 exhibitions postponed and cancelled artist's fees, thus an unprecedented financial strain for my studies. Praying for this.