Hi!

I'm planning on applying for HGSE for Education Policy. I wanted to see if anyone have any experiences in HGSE or heard things about the program. I currently only have 1.5 years of work experience in education consulting in China...so I am worried that they might not like what I do (I essentially help high school students and families plan their activities/study schedule/application for college admissions, but very ETHICALLY). I'm also worried they might consider me as too young..I'll be 2 years out of undergrad by the time I apply.

Usually what kind of applicants do HGSE like? Is it true they like people who have worked in the public sector/research more?

Is there any program under HGSE that is "easier" to get into than the other? 

What is the culture like? Would love to have you all share anything you know on it! HGSE is my dream program and the Ed.M in policy and management is exactly what I think I would need to help me achieve my goals.

Looking forward to hearing some of your responses! Thanks!

I haven't been a part of the program myself so can't say much about what the program's like, but I was accepted this cycle to the same exact program so I can say this:

I'm younger than you so age probably isn't that important as much as what you plan to do with your degree. You say this program is exactly what you think you would need to achieve your goals, so appeal to that.

I "made up" for my lack of work experience with the research I did as an undergraduate, and my LoR were from people who were familiar with the research I did at the time so it was one cohesive package. Since you say you have 1.5yrs of work experience, it would probably help to connect the experience to this program and how both are relevant to your goals.