Courtauld MA interview

youyouw

Hi to all~

I am applying for a MA in Art History at Courtauld Institute of Art. I choose Continuity and Innovation: Reframing Italian Renaissance Art from Masaccio to Michelangelo as my first option course.

Courtauld just sent me an email that they would like to do an interview. I am wondering what they will ask. Does anyone know? Or have any suggestion for me? Many thanks for attention.

Hey @youyouw !  You might have already seen this thread, but monconart posted a ton of really excellent questions to prep for: https://forum.thegradcafe.com/topic/121760-art-history-interview-prep/.  It's obviously not specific to Courtauld, but might give you a good start on preparations!

Good luck!!!

On 3/10/2020 at 2:55 AM, venusofwillendork said:

Hey @youyouw !  You might have already seen this thread, but monconart posted a ton of really excellent questions to prep for: https://forum.thegradcafe.com/topic/121760-art-history-interview-prep/.  It's obviously not specific to Courtauld, but might give you a good start on preparations!

Good luck!!!

Thanks for your suggestion. It helps a lot!

On 3/10/2020 at 11:40 PM, Arthistoryiscool said:

Unfortunately my option did not require students to interview, so I don't have specifics. I would just be sure to re-read your statement and be prepared to discuss your research interests and how their program is aligned with these. Best of luck to you!!

Thanks for your advice. It's really helpful!

After asking questions about my research interest and written work, professor asked me to comment on two portraits. Fortunately, it went smoothly!