University of Toronto iSchool Fall 2020

Mlite

Hey everyone, 

As decisions roll out for the UofT iSchool Master's and PhD programs, I thought I would create this thread so we can share information. Please feel free to post any FYIs or questions you may have ?

Has anyone heard back regarding the status of their application, and whether they were accepted/ rejected? 

• 2 weeks later...

I am also still waiting and dreading... ? There has been no change to my application status so I emailed them and asked... they said it is currently under review and the result will be out around mid-March.. yet I am still waiting. 

Edited by flyhigh0424

On 3/22/2020 at 11:13 AM, flyhigh0424 said:

I am also still waiting and dreading... ? There has been no change to my application status so I emailed them and asked... they said it is currently under review and the result will be out around mid-March.. yet I am still waiting. 

Hey~ may i know when you submitted the application? I am also waiting for the decision.

12 hours ago, Penguinn said:

Anxiously waiting over here as well! I've been in "Under Review" for about 1.5 weeks now. Anyone know how long until it changes to  "Decision Made"? ?

i have been in "under review" for 2 weeks... still no update yet

Fingers crossed for a positive response by end of March hopefully! I'm a little frustrated because I had everything ready in January but my last reference was not completed until March despite following up weekly. Made me miss the early deadline for admissions awards. ? What concentration did you apply for? 

I completed my app on Jan 31 for the hcds concentration. I was checking the application portal anxiously for weeks and only heard back on March 17 that I was accepted. They took a really long to get back to me. I got an email a decision was made and i logged in to the applyweb portal to read the decision letter. 

8 hours ago, Penguinn said:

Fingers crossed for a positive response by end of March hopefully! I'm a little frustrated because I had everything ready in January but my last reference was not completed until March despite following up weekly. Made me miss the early deadline for admissions awards. ? What concentration did you apply for? 

I applied for ISD and HCD. how about u? Did you apply for other schools??

Hey guys! I submitted my application by the end of January but my last referee only got her recommendation in by early March and I received an offer exactly one week later. So I missed the early deadline for entrance awards too :( Are there other scholarships that an international UXD applicant can apply for? Has anyone made a group chat for accepted students? Are you guys considering to defer if classes continue to run online during fall?

17 hours ago, matchacha said:

Hey guys! I submitted my application by the end of January but my last referee only got her recommendation in by early March and I received an offer exactly one week later. So I missed the early deadline for entrance awards too :( Are there other scholarships that an international UXD applicant can apply for? Has anyone made a group chat for accepted students? Are you guys considering to defer if classes continue to run online during fall?

Congratulations! Are you international student? My file started 'under view' on March 9, but there is no update now~

On 3/26/2020 at 2:17 AM, matchacha said:

Congrats! I feel you on the late referee thing, it's beyond our control but hey at least you got in! :)

On 3/27/2020 at 10:18 AM, Penguinn said:

@ZHUZHU96 Congratulations! :)There's a program at York U similar to the MI at UofT? It didn't really come up during my research. 

It's a Finance program that I got from York U ?. Do you have any update recently? I am still waiting for the result.

5 hours ago, ZHUZHU96 said:

It's a Finance program that I got from York U ?. Do you have any update recently? I am still waiting for the result.

Nice! My acorn says i've been invited to the program and I got an email saying I was accepted. Status still reads as "Under Review" though? LOL Maybe check your acorn!

51 minutes ago, Penguinn said:

Nice! My acorn says i've been invited to the program and I got an email saying I was accepted. Status still reads as "Under Review" though? LOL Maybe check your acorn!

?Wow congratulations!  I was not a U OF T student, so I don't have acorn? Have you ever sent a email to them to ask the progress?

9 hours ago, ZHUZHU96 said:

?Wow congratulations!  I was not a U OF T student, so I don't have acorn? Have you ever sent a email to them to ask the progress?

Thank you! You should have gotten access to Acorn at some point while applying for the program - should be in your inbox at some point. I did not send an email to ask for progress, but I've read that it helped others get a response faster? 

22 hours ago, CrypticTorontoMan said:

Hey do you mind me asking what your GPA was? 

Not at all - I went to York for their business program and had a B+ cGPA. Career wise I have a few years of marketing/product management experience. Hope that helps - good luck! :)

On 4/2/2020 at 10:01 PM, Penguinn said:

Thank you! You should have gotten access to Acorn at some point while applying for the program - should be in your inbox at some point. I did not send an email to ask for progress, but I've read that it helped others get a response faster? 

hey~ I received the offer today!!  so excited. have you accepted the offer yet??