Advice/Help: Considering a career change and going back to school

Hey! 

Was wondering if anyone had advice about a possible career change to SLP. I’m currently a teacher and have my masters in early childhood education and sped my B.S is in an unrelated field. I was considering switching careers to an SLP but I’m struggling with how to go about. I’ve looked up some masters programs that require pre-reqs that I don’t have and I’m iffy about doing a post-bacc online and then having to apply to a full master’s program. 

Has anyone gone about this route and started over again? Are their programs that include pre-req classes and a master’s program? I’m just looking for general advice and any guidance would be a huge help. Considering flexible programs and full time programs anywhere in the US (Cali would be ideal since I’m from there and can live and home to save $$ but I moved for my master’s and made it work so that’s also an option). 

Thank you!! 

Hello! 

I'm a first year student now, and there are multiple girls in my department who are coming from music ed, ece, linguistics, and elementary ed backgrounds. There are definitely schools who will accept you without prereqs. At mine, you have to do an extra year (maybe less, depending on the number of classes you need), but those girls are considered part of the masters program and don't have to re-apply once prereqs are done. You'll just have to do some digging to find out which schools give you that option. 

Best of luck to you!